Different recording quality issues

Dylan Dods

I am trying to record Pacify on steam. The quality is really low and I tried (to the best of my abilities) to play with the settings. While recording, my framerate is fine, after the fact and I look back at the recording, the quality is low and it has slow frames. I tested my current obs settings in another game, Subnautica, and the frame rate and quality is fine. Pacify is not on the quality or size scale Subnautica is on, which leaves me stumped on why Pacify will not record decently. I have attached my hardware, as well as my current obs settings. Thank you.

Edit: I also currently have a GEFORCE GTX 1080 FTW Graphics Card

Here is my log: https://obsproject.com/logs/2d_0TUrsSJHRBlpo

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    45.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    3.6 KB · Views: 17

DayGeckoArt

Is your CPU usage close to 100%? Could be that you don't have enough processing power left over for OBS. You can set the priority of OBS to Above Normal. Also try 30fps and don't use CBR, 3Mbps is really low especially for CBR. Try VBR 10Mbps or set it to CQP (constant quantization parameter) and leave it at the default 20, or try increasing the value for lower bitrate
1642564745042.png

Dylan Dods

Is your CPU usage close to 100%? Could be that you don't have enough processing power left over for OBS. You can set the priority of OBS to Above Normal. Also try 30fps and don't use CBR, 3Mbps is really low especially for CBR. Try VBR 10Mbps or set it to CQP (constant quantization parameter) and leave it at the default 20, or try increasing the value for lower bitrate
View attachment 79257
To answer your question, I was creeping up there but I still had some processing power left, I switched the priority, and tried VBR and CQP, CQP as well as the more than normal priority fixed my problem, I appreciate your help and my recording looks beautiful. Thank you.

Dylan Dods

Out of curiosity, do you know why a game like pacify was harder to record than subanautica? There is a pretty big graphics quality difference and subnautica recorded just fine.