Detect - Object Detection, Tracking built-in OBS

Detect - Object Detection, Tracking built-in OBS v0.0.1

royshilkrot

royshilkrot submitted a new resource:

Detect - Object Detection, Tracking built-in OBS - Real-time Detect, Follow, Zoom or Blur/Mask over 80 categories of objects. No GPU required*

A plugin that allows you to detect many types of objects in any source, track them and apply masking.

If you like this work, which is given to you completely free of charge, please consider supporting it by sponsoring us on GitHub:
This work uses the great contributions from EdgeYOLO-ROS and...

Read more about this resource...

Hi Roy
This sounds like an exciting plugin as I have used some of your others, but I don't know how to download and install this one for a Mac. I go to your download link and I don't see a Mac installer for it. Can you please post a link for me? Thanks!......just figured it out! Click on assets. Can't wait to try it. Thanks!

Last edited:

royshilkrot

Hi Roy
This sounds like an exciting plugin as I have used some of your others, but I don't know how to download and install this one for a Mac. I go to your download link and I don't see a Mac installer for it. Can you please post a link for me? Thanks!......just figured it out! Click on assets. Can't wait to try it. Thanks!
I'll sort this out.. thanks for flagging!

Hi again Roy.
I installed it for my Mac as you already know. However, you seem to have two options that I don't have on my filter. I have detect, but not detect tracking, Is this because I'm using a Mac, but it's all there? Thanks.

royshilkrot

Hi again Roy.
I installed it for my Mac as you already know. However, you seem to have two options that I don't have on my filter. I have detect, but not detect tracking, Is this because I'm using a Mac, but it's all there? Thanks.
Detect is the filter of this plugin it will detect and track many kinds of objects in the video of the source you add it on.
Tracking is done by realtime detection.
Although I'm working on legit tracking which would be available soon.

Hi again Roy.
I'm sure its something that Im doing wrong, but I can't seem to get the zoom feature to work at all. Any ideas? Also, thanks so much for all your work and effort! It's now in it's infancy, so I'm sure you're going to rock it soon!

royshilkrot

Hi again Roy.
I'm sure its something that Im doing wrong, but I can't seem to get the zoom feature to work at all. Any ideas? Also, thanks so much for all your work and effort! It's now in it's infancy, so I'm sure you're going to rock it soon!
The zoom will try to fit the object in the image - but if the object is too big then no zoom will occur
You can limit the detection to a single type of object, to get a smaller detection on screen

Hi Roy,
I tried many things, but the zoom does not work. This detection plugin allows me to select objects, blur and stuff, but no zoom. I even used MacOS screen capture to zoom in on your youtube vid example and it doesn't work. It appears I have enough CPU.as Face tracker and every thing else that I use works, but don't know why detection doesn't zoom on my Mac . It's possible it's me, but I can't figure it out. Thanks!

royshilkrot

Hi Roy,
I tried many things, but the zoom does not work. This detection plugin allows me to select objects, blur and stuff, but no zoom. I even used MacOS screen capture to zoom in on your youtube vid example and it doesn't work. It appears I have enough CPU.as Face tracker and every thing else that I use works, but don't know why detection doesn't zoom on my Mac . It's possible it's me, but I can't figure it out. Thanks!
Ok I will have a look to search for a potential bug..

PaRaLLaX

Hey I'm thinking about automating the intermission screen. Something like "if person is detected in webcam-source -> hide intermission screen; else -> show intermission screen" basically. Could this be achievable with your plugin? I'm using Streamer.Bot, so I could watch on file changes or react on WebSocket notifications etc if that helps?

Would be awesome :)

royshilkrot

Hey I'm thinking about automating the intermission screen. Something like "if person is detected in webcam-source -> hide intermission screen; else -> show intermission screen" basically. Could this be achievable with your plugin? I'm using Streamer.Bot, so I could watch on file changes or react on WebSocket notifications etc if that helps?

Would be awesome :)
That's a great idea! It could be implemented but I need to add output to the settings so you can trigger on it. Can you open an issue on GitHub so I would remember? Thanks!

PaRaLLaX

That's a great idea! It could be implemented but I need to add output to the settings so you can trigger on it. Can you open an issue on GitHub so I would remember? Thanks!
Awesome thanks a lot :)
Here's the issue :)

fabianlujan

Hey Roy,
really awesome plugin!
Detection works really good.
I tried a handball match with 1 ball, 14 players and 2 officials. It detects everything!
The zoom feature do not work or I can't figure out.
Maskings are okay, they are all fine.

In my example, all players were detected with no major problem, only when persons are next to each other.
The sports ball somethings is not seen. Maybe because the nature speed of the game.

It could be awesome to isolate a player and track him individually. Also, maybe, the ball.

In this example, the camera pans left-right all the time. But with a fixed wide-angle camera, it could follow a specific player.

Great work

royshilkrot

Hey Roy,
really awesome plugin!
Detection works really good.
I tried a handball match with 1 ball, 14 players and 2 officials. It detects everything!
The zoom feature do not work or I can't figure out.
Maskings are okay, they are all fine.

In my example, all players were detected with no major problem, only when persons are next to each other.
The sports ball somethings is not seen. Maybe because the nature speed of the game.

It could be awesome to isolate a player and track him individually. Also, maybe, the ball.

In this example, the camera pans left-right all the time. But with a fixed wide-angle camera, it could follow a specific player.

Great work
@fabianlujan thanks!
you can try a bigger model which is higher resolution and would find objects better, but only try that if you have a GPU...

i will take your ideas into account.
will post an updated version soon!