Question / Help Destiny 2 - Insane Frame-Drop in Game when OBS is Running

TheHakill

Hello everyone !

I have this problem for almost 3 months and I still haven't found a solution to the point where I stopped streaming the game...

Since the game changed platform and moved to Steam. When I try to play it with OBS set to a scene with a display capture (the only way to stream Destiny 2), I have an incredible frame drop (150/200 fps --> 30/40fps).

I have a 100hz monitor so the difference is very annoying, and I'm the only one affected, the stream is not lagging.
I tried lowering the in-game video settings, no difference between low or high quality.
I even tried on Streamlabs OBS, with no scene running only the display capture but still have the problem.

I have a decent PC so I think this is a problem with power management between all application opened.
I found a "solution", which is to put the in-game 3D ressource to 200%, but still not perfect and the stream is lagging in that way.

Thanks for helping me !

P-S : Everything is working fine in other games but I'm using Game Capture and not Display Capture...

Attachments

• 2019-12-13_14-41-26.txt
    118 KB · Views: 46

carlmmii

"I have a 100hz monitor"

Try disabling OBS preview and see if the problem persists (or move OBS to your gaming monitor). Windows 10 has an issue dealing with monitors of different refresh rates when they're displaying hardware-accelerated content from the same GPU.

TheHakill

"I have a 100hz monitor"

Try disabling OBS preview and see if the problem persists (or move OBS to your gaming monitor). Windows 10 has an issue dealing with monitors of different refresh rates when they're displaying hardware-accelerated content from the same GPU.

Unfortunately, no big difference.
I tried to disable all extra monitors and your solution but don't seem to work.
Thanks for your help