Question / Help Desktop Audio

ShadowEclipse

Hi, I use a Mac and I'm trying to record desktop audio while I play video games. I've watched many YouTube tutorials and tried both Soundflower and iShowU Audio Capture but neither of them works. I've also noticed that while I'm recording and playing some type of audio, the desktop audio soundbar is active. Though when I play it again in my files using QuickTime player, only my voice comes up.
Log file - https://obsproject.com/logs/HRDfD4U31r_CIdwD

Narcogen

What are you playing the files with?

You're recording with multitrack audio. Most players will only play back one audio track at a time, and you have to choose which one. I'm guessing they are defaulting to the first, which is your voiceover. This option is intended for use with an NLE that supports multitrack audio.

You can make it easier to check if all audio is getting into your files correctly by recording 3 tracks:
  • Track 1 (voiceover and desktop audio)
  • Track 2 (desktop audio only)
  • Track 3 (voiceover only)
This way, when you play the file back in VLC or QuickTime, you'll hear all the audio.

When you import into an editor, you can disable Track 1 and edit Tracks 2 and 3 however you like.

Narcogen

Are you recording both tracks? When you play them back, can you select each track? Is only one present in the recording? Or are there two, and only the 2nd (mic) has audio?