Desktop Audio Doesn't Work with OBS Running

Gizmosrealm

Hello,

Everything was working great last week. This week, nothing but issues. I think I have everything else sorted except that I can no longer hear any other desktop audio while OBS is running. This is a problem since I am a music professor. I create my lectures with OBS. I need to be able to play recorded samples, as well as my MIDI piano during my recordings. All of these things work fine with OBS closed. All of them stop when OBS opens. I can see the Desktop Audio mixer meter going up and down. But I can't hear anything. I need to be able to hear so I know that:

1) I actually played the correct thing on my piano
2) That OBS is actually recording

I already did an entire lecture only to find out it only recorded from my mic.

Log File: https://obsproject.com/logs/gm1xdAivhwyxaslq

Using:
Tascam 208i interface
Various mics plugged in through Tascam (all which work in OBS)
Headphones and monitors through interface as well
Virtual MIDI piano keyboard (works fine without OBS)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I missed my lecture today due to problems that have occurred.

Gizmosrealm

UPDATE: So, it seems that the OBS ASIO app I installed to get the mic working through my Tascam is causing everything else to not work. So I removed it. Great, everything now works... EXCEPT the microphone no longer works.

Gizmosrealm

UPDATE: I couldn't seem to get it to work as is. So, I used kind of a workaround. I ended up running everything through VoiceMeeter (VMPK using a virtual cable), premixing there, then running VoiceMeeter to OBS. It's one more program I have to have open and running. But it worked for recording today's lecture

lnormskii

Is it anything to do with the Tracks option in Advanced Audio Properties? I had an issue where I could see things coming in but not outputting. I separated each audio device onto their own track (1-6) and can now hear both input and output on external devices as well as desktop audio.

MMP

Is it anything to do with the Tracks option in Advanced Audio Properties? I had an issue where I could see things coming in but not outputting. I separated each audio device onto their own track (1-6) and can now hear both input and output on external devices as well as desktop audio.
that didn't work for Mr, besides everything works when I use the Focusrite Scarlett interface