Dell OptiPlex 3050 SFF League of Legends game record 1 FPS

easypixels2

Hi :)

I have indeed read the first post in read about low FPS but even after playing around with the OBS options the video output framerate (nor using mkv or mp4) is still way too bad for my use case, I don't know how much exactly but most likely close to 1 FPS.

Long story short, I bought a desktop computer for about 300€ whose purpose will be to be a dedicated League of Legends h24 video recorder (no streaming at all). There will never be more than 1 video stored on disk at a time as I'm sending it somewhere else on the network right away, so storage is not important and 1 To is enough for me ; here is its spec :

Dell OptiPlex 3050 SFF Core(TM) i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz
SSD 960 Go
RAM 16 Go
Intel(R) HD Graphics 630 GPU
Windows 10 Pro Edition

The weird part is that the game itself runs at 60 FPS but when I start recording it drops to around 45 and then as I said the video output file is unusable.

When I was testing it on my gaming laptop (that I got for about 1000€ years ago) I could get sometimes even more FPS than 60 but even when the FPS were at 60 Fps in-game the game footage file would be at 60 FPS too, or at least I think since it is undistinguishable from the real game ; here is the spec of the gaming laptop :

ASUS TUF Gaming A17
AMD Ryzen 5 4600H with Radeon Graphics @ 3.00 GHz
SSD 1 To
RAM 16 Go
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Laptop GPU
Windows 10 Home Edition

From my understanding it might be related to the fact that there is no GPU on the desktop computer but still, the game itself runs pretty fine, but the output is simply unbearable.

I spent a day trying to learn stuff about hardware, but the only thing relevant I found out in the end is that SFF basically means I can't upgrade the GPU using a normal card and would have to use a Low-Profile version which I can't even find to buy and am not even sure will solve the problem because when the game and OBS are running, my CPU is running at around 70% so... yikes.

As a software engineer with no knowledge in hardware, I'm a bit lost on this one and I can't figure out by myself.

Thanks in advance!