Question / Help Delay everything, except Camera source?

Minty

Hello.

I have looked for an answer to this, and I can't seem to find one that convinces me, that this is not possible, so here goes.

I have just now hooked up a Camcorder via the Avermedia LGP LITE GL310, and it works like it should. But, there is as expected a delay on the camera, compared to rest of my scene.

So I can only see I have 3 options:

1. Sync my mic to the camera, but then the audio of my gameplay will happen a bit before I react to it, and if I want to sing a long to a song, I'm am going to sing everything with a delay.

2. Sync my mic and my desktop audio and video. Would work fine in theory, but then comes the problem of alerts and other pop ups, that I don't capture through the delayed desktop video/audio.

3. Delay EVERYTHING manually. Go through all of my scenes, and delay everything that will be affected, except the camera source. This is probably the most ideal solution, but then I have the problem of my stinger transitions. If I feel real cool, and say something like "Haha, that was pretty stupid" and switch the scene in real time, then inside OBS it is gonna stinger transition over my face half a second before I expect it to.

SOOOO, I just wonder if there is anyone out there who has a solution for this. I am dreaming of a function where I can choose to delay my entire stream, except the source(s) of my choosing. That way, whenever I add something to my OBS, I don't have to remember to delay it, and it simply would just be the easier solution.

Thank you for reading my essay, I hope you can help, or maybe this will inspire a future feature in OBS (which by the way is my favourite software ever)

*LAST THOUGHT*
I do own and use an Elgato StreamDeck, and can set a similar delay on all of my scene switcher buttons, that way, the Stinger Transition would also be synced. This is probably the only solution, but I hope that someone has an easier solution out there.