Question / Help Dazzle DVC100 and no sound

paibox

heros in an halfshel
You're most likely not dealing with it correctly.

Once you open the Dazzle crossbar, click on the dropdown list on the right (Output). Select "Audio Decoder Out" from the list. (Note that you need to be capturing already, as the sound output pin gets reset every time the Dazzle initializes, because its drivers are broken.)

Once you select Audio Decoder Out, the list on the left should be empty. This is because the Dazzle tries to switch to the audio pin for tuner audio, something it doesn't even have, when the device initializes. Select the one item available in this list (5: Audio Line In), click Apply, and your sound should start working.

peach2401

Thank you paibox for your detailed explanation - it helped me a lot and I did everything like you describe it (started the Wii, started OBS, started the preview and then opened your tool and selected everything like you said).
But it still doesn't work. I think the problem is still that I can't choose the Dazzle as Audio Capture Device (can only choose deactivated or my mic) although it's shown in the Windows device manager. Or what do you think?

paibox

heros in an halfshel
Hm, that's really weird, it definitely should show up. Are you sure nothing else is using it in exclusive mode, such as an old VAC setup or something like that? Maybe some other device (stereo mix, etc.) is listening to it?

Edit: Try reinstalling the latest set of drivers from the Pinnacle web site. (I know they're not very new, but still.) The device doesn't show up at all for me in the Device Manager, but it does show up in both AmarecTV and OBS.

peach2401

I don't think so (but I'm not sure) - it's not long ago that I reformated my laptop. How can I check if another device is listening to it?

I reinstalled already the drivers from pinnacle and also reinstalled my sound drivers. But nothing works - it's a mystery :) or better :(

paibox

heros in an halfshel
It's really strange, as if it's not actually installing the DirectShow drivers for the Dazzle's sound device, but rather some Windows sound device driver. I unfortunately don't have Windows 7 or Vista available to test the Dazzle with at the moment, so I can't tell if there's some sort of issue there. (But I doubt it.)

There have been a few users that have had trouble with recording devices not getting enumerated at all when it comes to DirectShow, but unfortunately I've never been able to figure out exactly why.

AmazingSully

I am bumping this because there seems to have been no resolution and I am having the EXACT same problem as peach. Dazzle Audio Device is not showing in the Audio Input Device section, just my microphones. I have reinstalled the latest drivers, I have tried the program you have here (though I know how to set up the crossbar). I don't know what I need to do to make the dazzle audio device show up in OBS... please help.

cybersaint

Bumping, because I've changed the output to Audio Decoder Out, changed the Input to Audio Line In, and yet it still won't give me any audio from the Dazzle. I have the newest (that's a laugh) drivers as well.

Boildown

Try OBS Studio, OBS Classic will never work with this capture card (for audio). If you have problems with OBS Studio, make a new thread in the OBS Studio support forum.