Crash while using WebSocket in custom docks and moving docks around the UI

subnoize

Hello!

Fun part is putting OBS into debug mode makes the crashing stop. So only in regular runtime mode will this occur which has made debugging very hard.

The issue is when I move a custom dock that has an open WebSocket connection to an external server, OBS crashes. If I disable the WebSocket connection the custom dock has no problems being moved around the UI. In debug mode these custom docks can be moved freely about with the WebSocket enabled without crashing.

I am not free to repost the WebSocket application, it isn't mine to post. But the application is dirt simple, its just STOMP (https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/@stomp/stompjs@7.0.0/bundles/stomp.umd.min.js) and a connection almost verbatim from the examples and a little jQuery slapped on top. The crazy part is nothing is being done over the WebSocket. It is literally just connected. I could understand if the server was sending data but it isn't beyond what would be required to maintain a STOMP WebSocket. And the crash only happens when you move the dock around the UI, not actually using the dock as intended (aka, pressing buttons and flipping switches).

Thanks for helping!

OBS: 30.1.2 (64 Bit)

Attachments

• Crash 2024-05-08 11-17-31.txt
    150 KB · Views: 5

subnoize

UPDATE: I just discovered that undocking or moving docks around not even related to the custom dock causes OBS to crash :(

So you just need a WebSocket connection to an external server in a custom dock and move any of the docks around or undock, redock etc.

subnoize

I cannot recover in further details in these crashes. I am surprised nobody else is seeing this. But then again, maybe I am the only one doing websockets from a custom dock :(