Question / Help Crackling audio from HD60 Pro switch capture in obs

weenis01

hello, i've been searching for a week now and tried everything i could but nothing worked.

So here's the problem.
When i try to capture gameplay from my Nintendo Switch with my Elgato HD60 Pro to OBS, i get constant crackling audio after a minute or two of having obs open.
I tried messing with the settings a bit in the game capture hd settings as well as in obs settings, but i can't seem to get rid of the crackling.
I also tried new hdmi cables from my switch to my elgato, but no luck.
I don't know that much about audio in general, so if there are things that i am missing that are obvious, please point them out.

If anymore files are needed to solve this problem, i'll be happy to post them.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 2019-07-10 15-07-07.txt
    25.3 KB · Views: 223

Narcogen

I would check that OBS Settings > Audio and the Elgato device in its settings are set to the same sample rate.

It can be 44Mhz or 48Mhz but they should be the same everywhere, not 44 in one place and 48 somewhere else.

cheapest

I found what worked for me. After trying the hidden menu, putting it on sound capture through stereo mix etc, only one thing worked. I had to manually configure the capture card at 720p instead of downscaling it. I know I’d rather do 1080 but since I’m streaming at 720 it’s not that big of an issue. However, removed the cracklings and popping completely. Was a welcome relief and hope it works for you all.