CoyoteMIDI MIDI to OBS Hotkey

CoyoteMIDI MIDI to OBS Hotkey 189

BlackCoyote

It seems that, although Macos CoyoteMIDI allows one to output a keystroke for F13-F24, nothing is actually output for these... I was trying to use them, as Macos is supposed to support them and I was happy to see them listed in the Coyote interface, but testing shows that nothing is output, as opposed to other keys/combinations, including the standard F1-F12 - which all work.
Thanks for sharing.

I'll have to take a closer look together with the people developing the underlying keyboard framework to see why that might be. Because of that, this could be a slow one to fix, unfortunately.

Thanks!

BlackCoyote

It seems that, although Macos CoyoteMIDI allows one to output a keystroke for F13-F24, nothing is actually output for these... I was trying to use them, as Macos is supposed to support them and I was happy to see them listed in the Coyote interface, but testing shows that nothing is output, as opposed to other keys/combinations, including the standard F1-F12 - which all work.
After some testing, I've found that for me, F1 to F19 works on MacOS. It does seem that F20 to F24 are not supported on MacOS however.

lcalder

Hmm. Now I got F12 - F20 to work... ChatGPT 4o does tell me that MacOS "does support F12-F24" but I'm not sure why F21 - F24 don't on Coyote... There aren't keyboards that have these keys that are common and so a special app (like Coyote) would have to output them...

BlackCoyote

Hmm. Now I got F12 - F20 to work... ChatGPT 4o does tell me that MacOS "does support F12-F24" but I'm not sure why F21 - F24 don't on Coyote... There aren't keyboards that have these keys that are common and so a special app (like Coyote) would have to output them...
well i'm glad that F12 to F20 is working for you now. At least that gives you some real estate to work with.

lcalder

Is there a way to enable constant visibility of the hamburger and '>' icons (to show additional options)? I find it is very difficult to position my mouse sometimes to get it to show, and when inputting a bunch of translations the interface hinders me a lot... By the way, once I have a list of translations moving my mouse up and down does reveal those icons (and the trash can, etc) pretty easily, but when inputting my list of translations it was pretty time consuming, partly due to that feature. Right now, it seems to show it pretty readily and I am trying get it to misbehave... I think it somehow behaves in the clumsy, hard to reveal, manner, when clicking on the left/right rectangles which allow the left to learn midi and the right to learn keystrokes/etc... upon trying to deactivate the learning mode and then trying to access the additional options always requires a little tussle.

Also, what is the purpose of folders? I have added some folders with translations "inside" of the them, but when I click on the '>' to change into a 'V', and vice versa, it doesn't "collapse" the "contents" of the folder...

Thanks for the good work!

BlackCoyote

Is there a way to enable constant visibility of the hamburger and '>' icons (to show additional options)? I find it is very difficult to position my mouse sometimes to get it to show, and when inputting a bunch of translations the interface hinders me a lot... By the way, once I have a list of translations moving my mouse up and down does reveal those icons (and the trash can, etc) pretty easily, but when inputting my list of translations it was pretty time consuming, partly due to that feature. Right now, it seems to show it pretty readily and I am trying get it to misbehave... I think it somehow behaves in the clumsy, hard to reveal, manner, when clicking on the left/right rectangles which allow the left to learn midi and the right to learn keystrokes/etc... upon trying to deactivate the learning mode and then trying to access the additional options always requires a little tussle.

Also, what is the purpose of folders? I have added some folders with translations "inside" of the them, but when I click on the '>' to change into a 'V', and vice versa, it doesn't "collapse" the "contents" of the folder...

Thanks for the good work!
Hey,

Thanks for sharing these issues.

There's currently not a way to keep the advanced settings of all translations visible at all times. We'll be sure to keep this suggestion in mind.

I seem to be able to replicate the issue where the translation buttons don't always show when hovering over after clicking to end recording mode on Windows as well, which is generally good news as that should make fixing it a little easier.

As for folders, I can't seem to replicate the issue that you described with them. If a translation is not inside a folder though, it would not get hidden when the folder contents are hidden. Perhaps you've not yet add the translation to the folder? This can be done by dragging the translation onto the folder using the drag handle (hamburger icon) of the translation.

Please do keep sharing any difficulties you may have with the app!

lcalder

I tried dragging and that works... I found that dragging onto the folder area just created a new folder and moved my translation into that new folder unless I was careful to drag it to the left-most region of the rectangular area surrounding the folder entry I desired.

BTW, when I had originally created the translations, I had first created a folder and selected it before clicking the + translation button, thinking that would be enough to tell coyote to put my new translation into that selected folder, but dragging after translation creation seems to be necessary. Anyway, now the folder-enclosed translations collapse correctly when I click on my folder's 'V' icon as expected. Thanks.

BlackCoyote

BlackCoyote updated CoyoteMIDI MIDI to OBS Hotkey with a new update entry:

Production Build 513

New Update: Production Build 513

This update marks another major milestone for our MacOS version of the app, as it can now be installed without requiring to run any commands in the terminal, and won't require re-assigning permissions after updating. Don't forget to try it out on MacOS if you haven't yet!

FREE:

New:
  • Added a toggle for the retrospective recorder in the trayicon menu.
  • The Retrospective Recorder will now record channel and note aftertouch...

Read the rest of this update entry...

lcalder

Version 1.1 build 517 beta just crashes upon launch and refers me to view the applog.txt which I've attached. For some reason the log says PRO Windows, even though I am running on a MacOS M2... I have auto update set. It was working before, so it must have updated itself.

Attachments

• applog.txt
    775 bytes · Views: 3

BlackCoyote

Version 1.1 build 517 beta just crashes upon launch and refers me to view the applog.txt which I've attached. For some reason the log says PRO Windows, even though I am running on a MacOS M2... I have auto update set. It was working before, so it must have updated itself.
Hey,

Build 516 introduced a bug that malforms the translationsv2.json savefile. Even on later versions like 517 where the bug is fixed, the malformed savefile still remains unusable by the app.

This can be fixed by manually navigating to the savefile at <user>/CoyoteMIDI/userdata/translationsv2.json and scrolling down to the bottom of the file's contents and delete:

"profiles": {
},

and everything in between. After that the app should load again with all your translations still present.
If you need any help with that, feel free to send the savefile over email to support@coyotemidi.com and we'll happily edit it for you!

Apologies for the inconvenience!

lcalder

Hey,

Build 516 introduced a bug that malforms the translationsv2.json savefile. Even on later versions like 517 where the bug is fixed, the malformed savefile still remains unusable by the app.

This can be fixed by manually navigating to the savefile at <user>/CoyoteMIDI/userdata/translationsv2.json and scrolling down to the bottom of the file's contents and delete:

and everything in between. After that the app should load again with all your translations still present.
If you need any help with that, feel free to send the savefile over email to support@coyotemidi.com and we'll happily edit it for you!

Apologies for the inconvenience!
It worked. Thanks for the fix!

BlackCoyote

BlackCoyote updated CoyoteMIDI MIDI to OBS Hotkey with a new update entry:

Production 523

Translation Profiles!
View attachment 108708

We've added profiles to the translations tab in the PRO version! Only translations in the currently selected profile will be able to trigger, allowing you to quickly switch between different configurations of active translations in one move.

Full Changelog of Production 524:

FREE:
New:
  • Improved the Upgrade To Pro window design.
  • Improved the dialog shown when the translation or...

Read the rest of this update entry...