Countdown to time

OBS Python Countdown to time 1.8

Wayne01

But do you have a warning msg that the timer finished?
Like how would I know if it's finished or not, I can miss that moment.
Can you add a window of warning like this:

Title := "Please Confirm?", Sec := 30

SetTimer, Countdown, 1000

MsgBox, 64, %Title%, Will launch in %Sec% seconds, %Sec%

Return

Countdown:

ControlSetText, Static2, % "Will launch in " (Sec:=Sec-1) " seconds"

, %Title% ahk_class #32770

Return

Videobuff

If I understand correctly, you can set it up so that as soon as the countdown is finished it triggers the launch of another scene automatically, which can include whatever you want in it. This would highlight to you that the countdown has completed.

Wayne01

The script doesn't work anyway
I downloaded lates version of python, selected the folder and imported the script and nothing happened
some installing explanation would be usefull
duisterethomas I am not a clairvoyant, give us some explanation.

Last edited:

Wayne01

The issue that you have to restart OBS after midnight in order to set the "next day" timer.

e.g. it's 11:59 PM you cant set timer to a midnight, you can't set a timer to 1:00 am
the prog thinks you are wrong and want to set a time which already passed (1 am)

Any fix?

Wayne01

OBS crashes when timer is working and you want to close OBS:

Duisterethomas

The issue that you have to restart OBS after midnight in order to set the "next day" timer.

e.g. it's 11:59 PM you cant set timer to a midnight, you can't set a timer to 1:00 am
the prog thinks you are wrong and want to set a time which already passed (1 am)

Any fix?
I know I'm a bit late to this (I forgot I uploaded this at all) but I will take a look at this issue!

Duisterethomas

Duisterethomas updated Countdown to time with a new update entry:

Fixed another crash

When switch to scene was enabled obs crashed if you changed to another scene collection if the scene switch had taken place, this is no longer the case. I also added the feature to not show the timer anywhere by selecting "[No text source]" in the "Text Source" dropdown. Disabling the scene switch is now done by selecting "[No scene switch]" in the "End scene" dropdown.

Read the rest of this update entry...