Constantly disconnecting and reconnecting from YouTube

AngStation

Hello there.

I was in the middle of my stream, but it seemed like I was constantly being disconnected while my internet was working fine and I could reconnect, but kept getting disconnected. I restarted the stream, but changed the auto-reconnect setting to be 1 second to see if that would make connect faster every time I got disconnected, but it didn't work.

Here is my log of me constantly being disconnected: https://obsproject.com/logs/bA9Z9bXAD6aHeNIL
I am on a wired connection and my internet is running fine, so I'm not sure what the issue is. I did a bit of googling and just tried whatever I found, so there might be some weird settings like binding to an IP. This isn't the first time it has happened, but I usually just end stream for the day and it seems to resolve the next time I stream.

Thanks for any advice

Lawrence_SoCal

What are you doing for real-time monitoring of Internet usage, to make sure something else on LAN isn't consuming upstream/upload traffic (possibly unexpectedly)?
nevermind...just looked at log
a 9 generation old CPU, running at 60fps, and streamelements PoS plugin...

I don't gamble, but my money is on a streamelements issue (seen it before). If your CPU is running at Max 100% for extended time, any slight glitch (slow response) can cascade and I wouldn't be surprised by traffic problems.
Or it could be something else completely on your LAN as I started with. As removing streamelements *may* (from what others said, I don't know specifically) require a fresh OBS install, I'd recommend making sure nothing else using LAN bandwidth unexpectedly

cyclemat

did you use plugins like OBs.live / streamelements / streamfx
delete the complete obs folder Manually. reinstall obs withour this plugins !

download this make short test in your regio then select the best servers and make a 5 min test

AngStation

What are you doing for real-time monitoring of Internet usage, to make sure something else on LAN isn't consuming upstream/upload traffic (possibly unexpectedly)?

I don't gamble, but my money is on a streamelements issue (seen it before). If your CPU is running at Max 100% for extended time, any slight glitch (slow response) can cascade and I wouldn't be surprised by traffic problems.
Or it could be something else completely on your LAN as I started with. As removing streamelements *may* (from what others said, I don't know specifically) require a fresh OBS install, I'd recommend making sure nothing else using LAN bandwidth unexpectedly
The CPU usage isn't actually a problem from what I can tell. Usually I'm no where near even 40% usage.
Perhaps, it is stream elements, but I need them for overlays and alerts. Do you suggest something else?
I don't think there is a bandwidth issue since it's just me using it and I'm not uploading actively while streaming.

cyclemat

you can add the alearts manually als browser source

and the docks as custome browser dock
1647744102471.png

Lawrence_SoCal

The CPU usage isn't actually a problem from what I can tell. Usually I'm no where near even 40% usage.
Perhaps, it is stream elements, but I need them for overlays and alerts. Do you suggest something else?

Be careful to distinguish between Wants and Needs. ;^)
For a quick test, trying installing a separate instance of OBS in portable mode, and with a very clean/simple (no plugin) setup, see if you issue persists. If the problem is gone, then you know where to focus your effort. Now resolving the problem gets a lot tricker with whether you can fix the plugin, if you have to wait for a plugin update to be compatible with the new Chromium OBS browser (with OBS v27.2.x), or simply find better alternatives to the atrociously bad code in some plugins (like streamelements)

I don't think there is a bandwidth issue since it's just me using it and I'm not uploading actively while streaming.
Assuming will get you into trouble plenty of times. Livestreaming without knowing and monitoring your LAN/WAN usage is like driving a car (or riding a bicycle) blind-folded.

PaiSand

You don't need the pluing for the alerts. Alerts are added via a browser source. Custom docks can be added manually.
Contact them for support or uninstall it, then uninstall and reinstall OBS to fix what this plugin brakes.

Once you do this, perform a clean log. Test stream of at least 30 seconds doing everithing you normaly do. Upload the log, copy the link to post it here and take a look at the analizer so you can check for common issues

Use the Twitch test to troubleshoot possible issues in the internet connection. Your ISP could be at fault too.

bmaxon1991

Lol this is crazy I have read 1000s of different comments on this happening. It happens to me now all of a sudden and it won't stop. When I could clearly stream perfect before you guys did the new update. And now all of you guys just keep blaming everyone else on their equipment or internet and say it 8s not obs. It has to be. There is thousands of people saying the exact same thing. We can't get it fixed no matter what. I am on 3100 mbps fiber optic internet thru xfinity. And everything else runs perfect the only thing that it won't and just started since update is OBS soon as I click start stream it instantly disconnects n reconnects over and over again won't stop. It is on Facebook stream twitch and tiktok. I haven't been able to stream since the obs update. It has to be you guys software or something.

bmaxon1991

Lol this is crazy I have read 1000s of different comments on this happening. It happens to me now all of a sudden and it won't stop. When I could clearly stream perfect before you guys did the new update. And now all of you guys just keep blaming everyone else on their equipment or internet and say it 8s not obs. It has to be. There is thousands of people saying the exact same thing. We can't get it fixed no matter what. I am on 3100 mbps fiber optic internet thru xfinity. And everything else runs perfect the only thing that it won't and just started since update is OBS soon as I click start stream it instantly disconnects n reconnects over and over again won't stop. It is on Facebook stream twitch and tiktok. I haven't been able to stream since the obs update. It has to be you guys software or something.
And I have dual pcs and it litterly does it on both computers I can't stream for even 2 seconds

bmaxon1991

And I have dual pcs and it litterly does it on both computers I can't stream for even 2 seconds
I got it fixed everyone!!! Delete OBS it's junk and they won't help u fix the problem of disconnecting. I just downloaded Xsplit broadcaster it works great. No disconnects at all 0 dropped frames and my NDI tools works with it. And u can do bunch of cool layouts right on their dashboard. So far blows obs out of the water.