Constant Game Audio, Even When Muted

stormieplays

Basically as the title says.
I have to listen to any games audio that i have on switch through my avermedia LGP2 card. I'm not sure how i messed up so badly, because it jsut started doing this a few days ago.
I mute it, stream cannot hear it but I can. I've changed every setting I can think of, such as changing the audio output & disabling it.

Log: https://obsproject.com/logs/gkiP9kb2OD4apVHO

Please help, I am so tired of the game music.

AaronD

There's a setting in Windows too, to pass each input through to the speakers. Have you been there?

stormieplays

There's a setting in Windows too, to pass each input through to the speakers. Have you been there?
uh, perhaps. I have messed with some of them, but im not sure exactly which one it would be.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-18 131447.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-18 131447.png
    56.9 KB · Views: 20

AaronD

If you have no idea where you've been, you'll want to methodically step through everything and check everything. Figure out what each thing is probably doing, and see if that fits your workflow. If not, change it.

And regardless of whether you've changed it or not, keep notes of what everything is and how to get to it. It may not make a lot of sense yet, but at least you'll be able to get back to it and look at it again.

AaronD

... i think i fixed it by simply changing where the USB for the card was plugged in at on my pc.
That shouldn't have changed anything. USB is supposed to track the same device regardless of where it's plugged in.

It could be that just unloading and reloading the driver had an effect, which is triggered by unplugging and replugging, but that would also be a bug. But I guess if it works....

I'd still watch for the problem to come back though. This seems to me like a problem that went away by itself, and those tend to come back by themselves too.

stormieplays

That shouldn't have changed anything. USB is supposed to track the same device regardless of where it's plugged in.

It could be that just unloading and reloading the driver had an effect, which is triggered by unplugging and replugging, but that would also be a bug. But I guess if it works....

I'd still watch for the problem to come back though. This seems to me like a problem that went away by itself, and those tend to come back by themselves too.
yeah, it was stalled and came back 5 minutes later. I completely reset the audio settings in windows to default. my next quest is to remove every sound input/output device and add them back. I'm just at a loss. No one seems to have any answers anywhere.

AaronD

I completely reset the audio settings in windows to default.
There's a button at the bottom of your screenshot to set the *volumes* to default, but I don't think it does anything for the other settings. In fact, I don't think there's an all-default button for the other settings at all. You're supposed to just not mess with them and have a nice, bog-standard business bored meeting...which is not what you're doing.

Unfortunately, I actually left Windows before Win11 really took off, so I'm starting to forget or just not know where things are, and can't explore on my own machine to find them. The reason I'm still here is because the general concepts still apply everywhere regardless, and still more often than not, that's enough to solve a problem.

Anyway, this is definitely a routing problem, if you can imagine a ratsnest of patch cords, and one of them needs to be unplugged, probably with a checkbox somewhere. Translate this rig that I built a bunch of years ago, into software, and you might start to get the idea:
Especially 25 seconds into the first one.

stormieplays

There's a button at the bottom of your screenshot to set the *volumes* to default, but I don't think it does anything for the other settings. In fact, I don't think there's an all-default button for the other settings at all. You're supposed to just not mess with them and have a nice, bog-standard business bored meeting...which is not what you're doing.

Unfortunately, I actually left Windows before Win11 really took off, so I'm starting to forget or just not know where things are, and can't explore on my own machine to find them. The reason I'm still here is because the general concepts still apply everywhere regardless, and still more often than not, that's enough to solve a problem.

Anyway, this is definitely a routing problem, if you can imagine a ratsnest of patch cords, and one of them needs to be unplugged, probably with a checkbox somewhere. Translate this rig that I built a bunch of years ago, into software, and you might start to get the idea:
yeah... i did it manually, not with the reset button. (:

thank you though! I did just end up removing all audio input/output devices & then adding them back slowly (over the course of the past 20-ish minutes) and it seems to have resolved. I have OBS up in the background, listening for it to come back. But in recordings, it has gone back to being muted for myself and viewers if I so please.