Connection problems with OBS

Duckable

I've posted this problem before with no success or help so I'm making this report again to see if anyone has any ideas.
For literally every single program I use, I have absolutely perfect internet connection. I have a download speed of 40mps and an upload speed of 17mps.
However, when streaming on OBS, I drop an insane amount of frames. I can drop up to 10K frames within 10 minutes of streaming, even when I have some of the lowest bitrate settings enabled. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as it's really starting to annoy me. Please let me know if I can provide any further information.

Attachments

• 2021-12-03 13-35-20.txt
    26.3 KB · Views: 19

WBE

In september you were advised to stop streaming over wifi and rather use a wired connection. Why didn't you follow that advise?

Duckable

In september you were advised to stop streaming over wifi and rather use a wired connection. Why didn't you follow that advise?
I'm in a position where using a wired connection is not possible. However my wifi works perfectly fine with literally everything except OBS, as i mentioned

Lawrence_SoCal

I'm in a position where using a wired connection is not possible. However my wifi works perfectly fine with literally everything except OBS, as i mentioned

What other latency and jitter sensitive traffic of the volume used for streaming have you tested over your WiFi network?
Most user's Internet (and home WiFi) traffic is of a type that is not sensitive to the challenge WiFi has in supporting CBR video traffic at volume.
For those you think watching streaming Videos is comparable, it isn't as almost all such systems use caching to overcome Internet and WiFi issues

Oh and you ignore the big red warning about NOT recording to MP4 format.

You logs appear to show recording locally fine. But
14:21:58.252: Output 'adv_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 19747 (11.9%)

You have a network problem, completely outside of OBS. Asking here is the wrong place, most likely.
It could be something else running on your computer (like Avast), or it is the network (WiFi, LAN, ISP, VPN, ?). What have you done to do real-time monitoring of WiFi traffic including beaconing, collisions, etc? If you haven't, then you can't claim WiFi is ok. maybe your WiFi is ok, maybe it isn't, but without real troubleshooting /diagnostics, you are only guessing. Hence first step in the Network Troubleshooting FAQ here is to test with a wired connection. (a laptop USB to 1Gb Ethernet adapter and a really long CAT6/7 cable is cheap).
Have you asked a friend who livestreams just fine from their home try a test stream from your place? Turn OFF (not, not in use, turn off, not even connected to WiFi network... yes it can make a difference) ALL other devices. Make sure test computer is ONLY device connected to WiFi. Then make sure no neighboring WiFi systems (neighbors) using same WiFi channels. then test streaming from other known good computer.

Reactions: WBE