Comprehensive Stopwatch & Countdown Timer

OBS Lua Comprehensive Stopwatch & Countdown Timer 5.8

GrumpyDog

1. Scroll to top
  2. Hit "Go to download"
  3. On Github, Click the "Raw" botton and it will open the script in a raw mode.
  4. Right click and "Save As"
  5. Save file with ".lua"
See this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LV0eI7DXfQ

1656318034845.png

1656318184665.png

1656318246469.png

Dachsbau

Maybe give me an example of how that would work?
Well if i need different Countdowns in one Livestream like i need one for 15 minutes, one for 25 and one for 45 minutes - is there any way to change that without doing it manually with opening the script and changing the time while being online during the stream? Maybe not a hotkey, i don't know - but i love the style of the Countdown and the possibility to change colours, but it would be very nice if there would be some kind of feature where one could put in different times. Thank you a lot! :-)

GrumpyDog

Well if i need different Countdowns in one Livestream like i need one for 15 minutes, one for 25 and one for 45 minutes - is there any way to change that without doing it manually with opening the script and changing the time while being online during the stream? Maybe not a hotkey, i don't know - but i love the style of the Countdown and the possibility to change colours, but it would be very nice if there would be some kind of feature where one could put in different times. Thank you a lot! :-)
You can dupplicate the script, give it a unique name and run multiple instances of the script.

le_exp

Hi,
I'm having an issue where having a second timer script on a scene causes OBS to crash.

I have two scripts, stopwatch.lua and stopwatch2.lua, each with a different Timer Source text item, using basic configuration. These two timer sources are displayed on the same scene. I'll start the first timer, then select the second timer on the scripts list, and OBS will hard crash after this selection.

OBS Studio v27.2.4, Advanced Stopwatch v3.7

Any help would be really appreciated, thank you very much

GrumpyDog

Hi,
I'm having an issue where having a second timer script on a scene causes OBS to crash.

I have two scripts, stopwatch.lua and stopwatch2.lua, each with a different Timer Source text item, using basic configuration. These two timer sources are displayed on the same scene. I'll start the first timer, then select the second timer on the scripts list, and OBS will hard crash after this selection.

you will need to post a crashlog

GrumpyDog

Hi,

I identified where the issue occur but will need to find a solution on how to fix it and this may take some time. This bug was introduced with the last feature update provided in Version 3.5, thus I would suggest for an intrim solution to instead use version 3.4.

Keep an eye on the updates to see if a fix becomes available.

Let me know if this helps.

le_exp

Thank you for the news, unfortunately I need the features of 3.5 so for the time being I'm just running one instance.

Alekos Behrens

Is there any way to activate the countdown from this script when a scene gets active? At the moment, the text source gets disabled and won't reactivate automatically. Thanks!

GrumpyDog

Is there any way to activate the countdown from this script when a scene gets active? At the moment, the text source gets disabled and won't reactivate automatically. Thanks!
If set "Start on Source Visible" and the source is visible when the scene is activated, it should start the count down automatically.

You need to set configuration to "Advanced" to see this option.

1661596341887.png

Let me know if this solves your request.

Alekos Behrens

If set "Start on Source Visible" and the source is visible when the scene is activated, it should start the count down automatically.

You need to set configuration to "Advanced" to see this option.

View attachment 85869

Let me know if this solves your request.
Thanks for the answer. Yes, this is what I set up. But the scene gets deactivated after the countdown is over. And it stays deactivated till I activate it manually.

Before I found your awesome script with all its options, I used another script which stays active after the countdown is over and when the scene, with the countdown text inside, become active, the countdown start again. This is what I need.

I have no idea of LUA, so I'm not able to combine both scripts. ‍♂️

I don't know why the countdown text deactivates with your script after it's over. Maybe I made a wrong setting?

GrumpyDog

But the scene gets deactivated after the countdown is over.

Can we clarify and confirm:

OUTCOME A:

the SCENE is DEACTIVATED when the timer completes?

Or

OUTCOME B

The SOURCE (text source) VISIBILITY is changed to HIDDEN when the timer completes

And finally, you would like the text source to remain visible, but wants the timer to activate (RESTART) once the SCENE becomes ACTIVE. (This would be a new feature added as it is not currently supported)

Alekos Behrens

OUTCOME B:

The Source visibility changed to hidden when the timer completes.

1. Is this what should happen?

2. Yes, I want the source to remain visible and when the scene (with the source inside) become active that the times start again. The Countdown script I used before does exactly that. Here it is: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YqoPlLpNdo1lZLg6e_sdSelxVKvyHmRj/view

3. Ok, I see. This is not how it should work. Thanks for your answers. I will try to use advanced scene switcher to make the source visible.

Thanks.

stickbug813

Amazing Plugin really!

I think it would be useful to be able to either toggle split zeros on a button push or be able to automatically show spilt zeros when the time gets low enough using the Countdown option.

GrumpyDog

Amazing Plugin really!

I think it would be useful to be able to either toggle split zeros on a button push or be able to automatically show spilt zeros when the time gets low enough using the Countdown option.

Will look into it. Don't forget to leave a rating (;

GrumpyDog

JEJ updated Comprehensive Stopwatch & Countdown Timer with a new update entry:

Version 3.9

This release brings one of the biggest updates yet. Some of it is a new feature or two, but mostly it delivers a service update of the script to improve stability and resolves some bugs.

REALLY IMPORTANT: The Script has been tested but there may be some bugs missed, please report them so they can be fixed. Also, somewhere along the road of developing this update I seemed to have accidently published an...

Read the rest of this update entry...

stickbug813

I don't know if this is only on my end.

But I have noticed that aftet the update, the only way I am able to reset any of my timers is by going to the actual script menu and hitting the physical timer reset button. None of my Reset keybinds work after the update. The only thing my reset timer keybind does is toggle the show milliseconds.

I am aware that that is a separate kebind now. I have everything setup properly.