Comprehensive Stopwatch & Countdown Timer

OBS Lua Comprehensive Stopwatch & Countdown Timer 5.8

Videobuff

Works really well. Thank you yet again for constantly updating this great little timer. I really like it and find it very useful. One feature I'd really like (for my use case) is being able to add some Timer suffix text to appear when a "Caution Time" & "Warning Time" is selected. For example, have the suffix text "Make your final preparations!" appear while the "Caution Time" is in operation and then have the suffix text switch to "Last few seconds!!!" as soon as the "Warning Time" kicks in. And have this suffix text adopt the same colors as selected for their corresponding "Caution" and "Warning" colors to maintain consistency. Would that be possible?

GrumpyDog

JEJ updated Comprehensive Stopwatch & Countdown Timer with a new update entry:

Version 3.2

Please backup your old file before replacing it. Report any issues (:

Thank you wgp123 for your valuable feedback and feature suggestion.

Added New Feature:

- Warning and Caution Text Notes
  • Use two additional <text sources> one for each state.
  • The Warning & Caution notes may be styled individually to suit your needs through the text properties and custom filters,
The source code...

Read the rest of this update entry...

GrumpyDog

JEJ updated Comprehensive Stopwatch & Countdown Timer with a new update entry:

Version 3.3

Please backup your old file before replacing it. Report any issues (:

Thank you DachsbauTV for your valuable feedback and feature suggestion.

Added 3 New Features:
  1. Backup Settings
  2. Import Settings
  3. Additional Timestamp formatting
Backup / Import Settings

Select a Folder location, any exported settings wil be stored in a json file and will be labled with the script name and a date/time...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Help please. It says you can define end text but for the live of me I can't figure out how. It just pops off when it is done. Thanks in advance for any assistance. I do have the most current version and everything is up to date. Thanks.

GrumpyDog

Help please. It says you can define end text but for the live of me I can't figure out how. It just pops off when it is done. Thanks in advance for any assistance. I do have the most current version and everything is up to date. Thanks.

Which mode are you using? Can you export the settings file and attach that here?

GrumpyDog

Find "Next Scene"

Select "TIMER END TEXT"

A new text field should become visible...

1645316868539.png

1645316949214.png

1645316963503.png

Last edited:

pertzel

Thanks for this, it's been very helpful. I've been using it as effectively a larger version of the Recording timer at the bottom of the screen. I set the hotkeys for "Start Stopwatch" and "Start Recording" as the same, so the timer matches how long I've been recording.

Though there is one problem.

Every time I restart OBS, the "Start/Pause Stopwatch" hotkeys unbind. Here's a pic of the binds I use:
1645729127479.png

You can see that they conflict, but I don't think that's the problem, as "Reset Stopwatch" never resets, despite being also being bound to "Stop Recording".

Any idea what might be causing this? I tried changing the hotkeys around, but no matter what, it seems like "Start/Pause Stopwatch" always unbinds on closing/reopening the program.

GrumpyDog

Thanks for this, it's been very helpful. I've been using it as effectively a larger version of the Recording timer at the bottom of the screen. I set the hotkeys for "Start Stopwatch" and "Start Recording" as the same, so the timer matches how long I've been recording.

Every time I restart OBS, the "Start/Pause Stopwatch" hotkeys unbind. Here's a pic of the binds I use:
View attachment 80893
You can see that they conflict, but I don't think that's the problem, as "Reset Stopwatch" never resets, despite being also being bound to "Stop Recording".

Any idea what might be causing this? I tried changing the hotkeys around, but no matter what, it seems like "Start/Pause Stopwatch" always unbinds on closing/reopening the program.

Thank you, I will look into this and see if I can confirm the issue.

GrumpyDog

View attachment 80893

Okay, there were some issues with the Hotkeys which is now fixed in version 3.4, so thank you for your feedback.

I just wish to highlight two issues:

1. Please make sure when you assign hotkeys, that there are no hotkey conflicts, or the hotkeys may not work. The latest release of OBS makes it easy to identify if there are Hotkey conflicts.

2. Make sure when OBS closes there are no OBS background crashes or settings (changed/updated) may not save on exit and therefore will not work on restart. Some Third Party Scripts and Plugins may also cause OBS background crashes

I tested the update on two PC's running multiple instances of the script simultaneously , along with one hotkey set for two different functions (Start Recording & Start Stopwatch), and it worked perfectly and was saved on restart. Please report if you still find issues or bugs!

1645776334854.png

Last edited:

pertzel

It's fixed on my end. For what it's worth, the duplicated hotkeys work for my use case, but I understand the broad disclaimer to be careful of them.

Thanks for the quick response and bug fix!! You're a legend.

Metepic

As I mentioned in my review, if a source in a scene is using a Countdown timer or stopwatch, entering that said scene with a stinger transtion will cause a weird behavior. The transition starts playing but the scene switch point happens a little before the specified transition point, and towards the end of the transition, the stinger video just disappears about a second before its actual end.

Not sure if this is a problem on my end or the plugin. Would someone see if they can recreate the issue?

The same issue does not happen when switching out of the scene with the countdown.

GrumpyDog

As I mentioned in my review, if a source in a scene is using a Countdown timer or stopwatch, entering that said scene with a stinger transtion will cause a weird behavior. The transition starts playing but the scene switch point happens a little before the specified transition point, and towards the end of the transition, the stinger video just disappears about a second before its actual end.

Not sure if this is a problem on my end or the plugin. Would someone see if they can recreate the issue?

The same issue does not happen when switching out of the scene with the countdown.

I think for a starting point, perhaps capture the issue in a video so that we can see exactly what the issue is. Ideally we want to see a sample without the issue, and a sample with the issue. Is that possible?

A structure of the scene and the sources should also be published.

Have you tried creating the issue in a new Scene Collection with a simplified scene and source structure?

Metepic

I think for a starting point, perhaps capture the issue in a video so that we can see exactly what the issue is. Ideally we want to see a sample without the issue, and a sample with the issue. Is that possible?

A structure of the scene and the sources should also be published.

Have you tried creating the issue in a new Scene Collection with a simplified scene and source structure?
Hi, thanks for your reply. I currently don’t have access to my PC for the next few days as I’m on holidays. When I come back I will send a video here. I believe the issue does happen even on a simple scene with only a screen capture source (and a text with a countdown obviously).

GrumpyDog

Hi, thanks for your reply. I currently don’t have access to my PC for the next few days as I’m on holidays. When I come back I will send a video here. I believe the issue does happen even on a simple scene with only a screen capture source (and a text with a countdown obviously).

The idea with a simple setup is so I can try to replicate the issue. If its posssible I can try and isolate the issue.