Comprehensive Stopwatch & Countdown Timer

OBS Lua Comprehensive Stopwatch & Countdown Timer 5.8

nekobaby

I can't load StopWatch. I've tried every version for the last 5 versions and they are all kickinhg back this message. Any idea on what I can do to fix this?

Thanks!

Screenshot 2021-12-27 015343.jpg

GrumpyDog

I can't load StopWatch. I've tried every version for the last 5 versions and they are all kickinhg back this message. Any idea on what I can do to fix this?

Thanks!

View attachment 78370

It says you have an error in the code on line 7... which shoul;d not happen as the first 9 lines are commented out. Did you perhaps editr the code? Open it in a text editor and screenshot it.

nekobaby

I haven't edited it at all, which is what is weird. I literally went through the previous versions as well and right-clicked to save the luas and overwrite the old one. . . so original versions and the issue happens. This is a first for me with this error.

I'm on Win10

GrumpyDog

I haven't edited it at all, which is what is weird. I literally went through the previous versions as well and right-clicked to save the luas and overwrite the old one. . . so original versions and the issue happens. This is a first for me with this error.

I'm on Win10

It is very unuasual indeed. I can only suggest you try the file attached to this comment. I removed all the comments from the source code.

See if it works.

I will also suggest, seeing as I tested the files on two different pc's and as far I can tell it is only happening to you, that you do a very thorough scan on your pc for any malicious items (Virus, Malware....)

Let me know what happens?

Attachments

• StopWatch-no-comments.zip
    9.8 KB · Views: 35

GuitarEC

Thank you so much for this tool - I was wondering if you have plans to offer the stopwatch timer without split seconds? This would make a great option for people wanting to have an on-screen "Elapsed Time" sort of count.

Many thanks for all your efforts, and hope you have a Happy New Year!

nekobaby

It is very unuasual indeed. I can only suggest you try the file attached to this comment. I removed all the comments from the source code.

See if it works.

I will also suggest, seeing as I tested the files on two different pc's and as far I can tell it is only happening to you, that you do a very thorough scan on your pc for any malicious items (Virus, Malware....)

Let me know what happens?

Thanks for this. It loads fine without the comments. This is 100% weird because the comment section was definitely formatted in such a way that they shouldn't have affected the script. Very strange.

nekobaby

I have one last question. . . any idea why when doing the specific day/hour countdown. . . there's an extra zero at the front for anything under an hour? I've posted two screenshots, one with an hour left and one with about 30 min or so. I mean, it's working which is great. Though the extra zero looks a bit odd. I also have it set to remove the extra zeros. So I dunno.
Screenshot 2021-12-30 192815.jpgScreenshot 2021-12-30 193012.jpg

GrumpyDog

I have one last question. . . any idea why when doing the specific day/hour countdown. . . there's an extra zero at the front for anything under an hour? I've posted two screenshots, one with an hour left and one with about 30 min or so. I mean, it's working which is great. Though the extra zero looks a bit odd. I also have it set to remove the extra zeros. So I dunno.
View attachment 78532View attachment 78531

Looks like you found a bug! I will get it fixed ASAP. Thanks for reporting!

GrumpyDog

Thank you so much for this tool - I was wondering if you have plans to offer the stopwatch timer without split seconds? This would make a great option for people wanting to have an on-screen "Elapsed Time" sort of count.

Happy new yerar to you also (:

If I get a good suggestion I will add it ASAP.

Would you mind explaining further what exactly you would like? I am somewhat confused with your comment, as the Stopwatch is available with and without the 'split second' feature, thus you can use it as a Stopwatch only.

If you don't want to enable the 'Split' Time Feature, simply change the split source to 'Select' and it will be ignored. This way you will only see a stop watch as long as you defined a source for 'Timer'

GrumpyDog

JEJ updated Comprehensive Stopwatch & Countdown Timer with a new update entry:

Version 2.9.1

• Fixed an issue where does not capture LineBreaks ('\n')
  • Fixed an issue for 'Countdown timer' when set to 'Specific Date' to allow the user the option to show / hide the leading / remaining days on the clock (Thank you nekobaby for reporting the issue)
  • Fixed an issue where the days will be Zero when changing 'Countdown timer' to 'Specific Date' causing the timer to break.

To include a NewLine / LineBreak in the Day/s Text...

Read the rest of this update entry...

GrumpyDog

Thanks for this. It loads fine without the comments. This is 100% weird because the comment section was definitely formatted in such a way that they shouldn't have affected the script. Very strange.

I added an updated file without comments, but for further updates you will have to remove comments yourself from the source file.
There must be some missing library or issue with your windows why OBS crash for lua source code with comments?? Let me know if you figured that one out.

in case, fyi, Comments in source code will be:

-- some text
or

--[[ some text ]]

Attachments

• StopWatch-no-comments.zip
    9.9 KB · Views: 36

nekobaby

Works perfectly so far. I've got a test countdown running to make sure it continues to be correct.
Thanks! And have a wonderful New Year!

1640970649160.png

GrumpyDog

This will be implimented in the next release. Thank you for your feedback.