Resource icon

Color Monitor 0.6.1

norihiro

i have installed but nothing different shows in OBS
Hi @FabioCarpi,
Please click "+" button on the source list as shown in my attached screenshot, then check Vectorscope, Waveform, and Histogram are there.
If not, would you check log file of OBS Studio?
I suggest to put these sources on a new scene, and open a Windowed Projector.

Attachments

• add-source-menu.png
    add-source-menu.png
    61.7 KB · Views: 101

JVRaines

Nice work! This makes camera setup so much easier. OBS starts to look pro with plugins like this.
I have a request. Can we have an option to make the Waveform show only luma?

newsound

When trying to install on Mac OSx 10.15.7, I get the error "“obs-color-monitor.so” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified." when launching OBS 27.0.1 Plugin does not appear anywhere in OBS. I have confirmed that the plugin is installed according to the info in #13 above. Any suggestions on what else to try?

norihiro

norihiro updated OBS Color Monitor with a new update entry:

OBS Color Monitor 0.2.1

This is a minor release of OBS Color Monitor.

Changes from the last release are
- Added dock widget
- vectorscope:
- Changed default graticule color to amber.
- Changed default graticule style.
- Changed default skintone line (very small change).

Since the dock is a new feature requiring a lot of implementation, consider to use 0.1.7 just in case if something is wrong on your system.

Read the rest of this update entry...

bjornkonig

When trying to install on Mac OSx 10.15.7, I get the error "“obs-color-monitor.so” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified." when launching OBS 27.0.1 Plugin does not appear anywhere in OBS. I have confirmed that the plugin is installed according to the info in #13 above. Any suggestions on what else to try?

same issue here: macOS 11.4 (intel), obs 27.0.1

solved with:
xattr -d com.apple.quarantine /Library/Application\ Support/obs-studio/plugins/obs-color-monitor/bin/obs-color-monitor.so

greetz and thanks for the cool plugin!

norihiro

solved with:
xattr -d com.apple.quarantine /Library/Application\ Support/obs-studio/plugins/obs-color-monitor/bin/obs-color-monitor.so
Thank you for letting us know the solution. I think each user need to run that command so far. I'm sorry for your inconvenience. macOS 10.14.5 or later requires the developer to notarize the binary code. However, it requires to buy mac which can run macOS >=10.13.6 and subscribe Apple Developer Program. I'm preparing the fund but will take more time.

norihiro

I subscribed Apple Developer Program and released a new version 0.2.2 with notarization. I hope this version fixed the issue.

BenAndo

This is an awesome plugin. I anticipate using this regularly.
Two features that would really help make it even better would be
1. Zebra pattern support
2.Color monitor overlay support in OBS multiview fullscreen, and being able to pick which scene in the multiview has the color monitor applied.

Domassimo

I'm currently getting an instant crash of OBS after startup completes with the latest version of the plugin. See the attached logs from macOS 10.15. Earlier today I adjusted the (for me) new scope dock a little (made it wider to see better). I don't think it crashed right away but I closed OBS shortly after to fix an unrelated image transparency issue. Now I can't successfully start OBS unless I remove the plugin. Hopefully, the logs help.

Attachments

• obs_crash_2021-07-28-210712.log
    138.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 2021-07-28 21-07-02.txt
    14.8 KB · Views: 26

norihiro

I'm currently getting an instant crash of OBS after startup completes with the latest version of the plugin. See the attached logs from macOS 10.15. Earlier today I adjusted the (for me) new scope dock a little (made it wider to see better). I don't think it crashed right away but I closed OBS shortly after to fix an unrelated image transparency issue. Now I can't successfully start OBS unless I remove the plugin. Hopefully, the logs help.
I’m sorry for your issue.
I think something is wrong with the dock widget but the same issue is not happen on my side, maybe because I’m using different OS.
Until the fix is available, I’d like to suggest to use the old version 0.1.7, which does not include the dock.

Domassimo

I’m sorry for your issue.
I think something is wrong with the dock widget but the same issue is not happen on my side, maybe because I’m using different OS.
Until the fix is available, I’d like to suggest to use the old version 0.1.7, which does not include the dock.
Thank you for the reply, I might indeed use 0.1.7 for now. I'm unable to find out how to revert the settings for docks, otherwise, I could see if the defaults are working fine.

humbertorames

Hi, that is great! I want to use this on my MacBook pro. I tried, installed as directed, but it does not appear in the sources list. Thanks!

norihiro

Hi, that is great! I want to use this on my MacBook pro. I tried, installed as directed, but it does not appear in the sources list. Thanks!
Could you provide a current log file to solve the problem?
  • In OBS select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File.
  • Click Copy URL and then paste the link here.

norihiro

The setting for the dock is written in the scene setting file under Library/Application Support/obs-studio/basic/scenes/. It's a JSON format and you can find the entry named "obs-color-monitor-dock". Since JSON requires strict syntax, I recommend to backup the file if you manually edit the file.

norihiro

1. Zebra pattern support
2. Color monitor overlay support in OBS multiview fullscreen, and being able to pick which scene in the multiview has the color monitor applied.
1. I'm considering the zebra... Do you prefer to have zebra on ROI (region of interest) view or adding another view dedicated for zebra?
2. You can add the color monitor sources on multiview by following steps.
a. Create a empty scene
b. Add sources such as Vectorscope in the scene and change it's property to your preferred source.
Is this what you want or do you have something different in your mind?

norihiro

norihiro updated OBS Color Monitor with a new update entry:

OBS Color Monitor 0.2.3

This is a minor release of OBS Color Monitor.
Changes in this release are below.
  • waveform and histogram
    • Add an option to display YUV levels.
  • dock
    • Improved performance by transfering frame data from GPU at once for all scopes (vectorscope, waveform, histogram) in a dock. Due to this change, scale of each scope is removed.
    • Interleave to transfer frame data to reduce rendering time.
    • Added ability to choose different scenes and sources. Open...

Read the rest of this update entry...