Resource icon

Color Monitor 0.6.1

ASchneider

Hey there! Thanks for the update. Unfortunately, histogram and wave forms just shows a black box here... Vector shows just fine. Thanks.

matias_pl

I quickly tested it on MacOS. Performance is not that great especially on older hardware but other than that it runs fine.
I had a similar idea but though of using shaders fot the actual calculations to keep all the flow on the GPU/OpenGL. I haven't looked at your code, but OBS on Macs especially is known to have lesser performance than DirectX based Windows compositor, so any optimizations here are more than welcome ;)

norihiro

I quickly tested it on MacOS. Performance is not that great especially on older hardware but other than that it runs fine.
I had a similar idea but though of using shaders fot the actual calculations to keep all the flow on the GPU/OpenGL. I haven't looked at your code, but OBS on Macs especially is known to have lesser performance than DirectX based Windows compositor, so any optimizations here are more than welcome ;)
I will consider some performance improvements. This plugin has calculations like below.
  1. Rendering (optional down-scaling) the source [GPU]
    • Currently the default is not to scale. I'm considering to change the default scale by 2. The rendering time will reduce more than half. Concern is that narrow lines and dots will be missed but I don't think its a big deal for most users.
  2. RGB to Cr-Cb conversion [CPU -> GPU]
    • Currently using CPU. I'm going to use GPU in the next release. The rendering time reduced ~15% on my machine (Linux, i7-7700).
  3. Counting number of each color [CPU]
    • So far I have no idea how to implement this step in shader. Suggestion is welcome.
  4. Changing intensity and overlaying graticule [GPU]