Resource icon

CLR Host Plugin 1.0-3 2013/08/10

dehixem

Re: CLR (.NET) Plugins for OBS

As much as I love your work Faruton, I really insist on adding a simple description of what each of your plugins do without people having to ask.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer

It enables the ability to create plugins through .net.

Warchamp7

Forum Admin

dehixem said:
As much as I love your work Faruton, I really insist on adding a simple description of what each of your plugins do without people having to ask.

The thing is that with this plugin, if you have to ask, it's probably not for you.

DeamonMachine

Warchamp7 said:
dehixem said:

The thing is that with this plugin, if you have to ask, it's probably not for you.

That very well may be true, but if we never know what kind of "features" it can allow, then we will never know that we need to learn X skill.

what COULD you do with this type of plugin, I may not know how to program in .NET, but I have several friends who can. (assuming that's what It's saying)

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin

OBS plugins are usually written in C++. This lets you write them in .NET languages, like C#.

oxlamon

Hi, i'am a author of RatChat http://obsproject.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 3&start=10
And now i want to add OBS direct support.
And here is question (i'am using your sample project):

Code:
namespace CSharpSamplePlugin {
    class SampleImageSource : AbstractImageSource, IDisposable {
//...............

override public void Render( float x, float y, float width, float height ) {
            lock (textureLock) {
                if (texture != null) {

// I have here RenderTargetBitmap or WriteableBitmap of my image data
                    // how can i update texture before render it?

GS.DrawSprite(texture, 0xFFFFFFFF, x, y, x + width, y + height);
                }
            }
        }
}

Faruton

Developer

You can render it by drawing your bitmap onto the texture:

Code:
texture.SetImage(wb.BackBuffer, GSImageFormat.GS_IMAGEFORMAT_BGRA, (UInt32)(wb.PixelWidth * 4));

There is a bug where you cant create a texture will a null initial data that will be fixed soon. Since no one has used this it has fallen a bit into disuse, so mind the cobwebs.

marsapoit

Please, is it possible to switch scene from a plugin hosted by CLRHost Plugin?
I looked into CLRHost.Interop with Object Browser but i couldn't find anything like setScene or similar...
Thankyou

DirectorGunner

There's a menu drawing problem from whatever the CLRHost plugin is doing with OBS:
EI9c7nI.png

This only happens when CLRhost dll is in plugin directory. Tested both OBS x64 and OBS x32 with the proper version of this plugin for each. As well as testing without any other 2nd or 3rd party plugin...

Any ideas why this is happening? It's not a crippling problem but extremely annoying as it makes menu selection really difficult.

Sorry, it was the YATCP plugin file causing this within the CLRhost directory.

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
Hey faruton,
I currently have a slight problem on my second:
LoadInteropLibrary() failed to load the assembly: 0x800700c1

On my first PC everything runs fine and the plugin works (using it for this DesertKharonIRC).
Any Idea what my second PC is missing? or do you need the full log? :)

atmo

Jack0r said:
Hey faruton,
I currently have a slight problem on my second:
LoadInteropLibrary() failed to load the assembly: 0x800700c1

On my first PC everything runs fine and the plugin works (using it for this DesertKharonIRC).
Any Idea what my second PC is missing? or do you need the full log? :)
Try a different version of the VC++ runtime.

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
Oh forgot to report back. In the end upgrading Visual Studio to its SP1 version fixed everything. According to Windows Support it was a faulty .net framework installation.

podonnell

I am trying to install CLRHostPlugin 64-bit version into OBS, but after dropping that and the .dll into the Plugins folder, I am not seeing it in the Plugins button, and I cannot add a "browser" scene. What am I doing wrong??

ProvidedTimmy

zweaponz said:
I am trying to install CLRHostPlugin 64-bit version into OBS, but after dropping that and the .dll into the Plugins folder, I am not seeing it in the Plugins button, and I cannot add a "browser" scene. What am I doing wrong??

Have you tried installing OBS again, then CLR?
If you have this is what you should be doing to get to the plugins folder:

C:\Program Files\OBS\plugins
or
Local Disk~>Program Files~>OBS~>plugins

If this did not work try this download link: http://catchexception.org/tmp/CLRBrowse ... Plugin3.7z
Then try installing it again.

whilke

I'm working on a strife scene switcher plugin via the CLRHost, so I needed to add some more API functionality into the base code.

I've added the ability for plugins to switch scenes, and query for the current scene name.

I pushed my changes back to the main git repo, if the original author wants to merge it it:
https://github.com/kc5nra/CLRHostPlugin/pull/2

I've also published an updated binary out of my forked repo with this change. It's backwards compatible with the previous release, so you can just replace that with this new version if you need that functionality.
https://github.com/whilke/CLRHostPlugin/raw/master/Package.zip