Church Audio Goes Out (does not get to OBS) When Band Starts Playing

QuinoaJones

Link to the Youtube vid. Skip the announcements. That audio is fine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLHtI2XlErg

Logs attached (stopped a couple times to try to fix audio). Current OBS is 29.1.1. Audacity is 3.3.2

Goal: Youtube stream with clear audio without having to start recording in Audacity.

Issue: Audio seems great from pastor mic and ambo mic. Audio seems to drop a ton when choir / band instruments start to play. In the OBS audio mixer, the color bars drop off completely.
However, the color bars and audio come back as soon as I start recording the audio in Audacity. But that sound is a bit muffled and the extra step has led to lots of confusion.

Setup: A cheap bluetooth audio transmitter. Now before you judge, it has worked, and continues to work flawlessly. Even at 50+ feet in a packed house.
It worked fine in the old PC, too. It gets to this PC crystal clear. I can see and record it in Audacity. When I listen back, it is crystal clear.
However, once it is in OBS (with audacity recording), it is a bit muffled. Particularly the bass drum.
Besides that the cameras, input of video, and video card are nonconsequential. They all work fine, but the USB in audio bypasses all that.
Video is set to 9000 Mbps or so and the connection is fine. Upload has tons of bandwidth to spare. I don't think it has anything to do with that.
Audio is limited to 160 Kbps for Youtube streaming. That is what it is set to. I have tried lower (128). It did not help.

History: The live stream worked fine with the old PC. But the old PC had some drive and performance issues. Took an hour to turn on. We had to dump it.
Audio buffer was an issue with the old PC, but I saw that in the OBS logs and was able to fix it. I do not see a buffer issue in the new logs.
New PC is a high quality Dell Optiplex with 16 GB RAM and a 12th gen i5 processor. And a great SSD. All better than the old PC.
Audio has had this issue nonstop with the new PC. Never worked right on the new PC.

Things we have tried:
Changing the audio bitrate
Reverting the PC back to Windows 10
Loading a couple versions of OBS
Noise gate and other sound filters.

Things I may try:
Adding or changing audio codecs on the PC. Not sure how to do this.
Trying a different audio source. Right now the live stream booth is 100's of feet apart from the audio area with no hard line. No immediate options in this area.

Help:
Does anyone see anything that stands out in the log?
Any other suggestions?
Are there any free audio tools that would let me analyze the audio coming in to see if there is anything strange about it? Or can I do this in Audacity?

Attachments

• 2023-06-04 09-51-32.txt
    11.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 2023-06-04 10-05-17.txt
    15.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 2023-06-04 10-17-12.txt
    15.7 KB · Views: 8