Question / Help Cheapest CPU for 1080P /SLOW cpu usage

smagooli

i wanted to know what is the cheapest CPUcan handle 1080P 60FPS slow preset as second PC"stream machine" thanks for answering

carlmmii

Ryzen 9 3900x.

Be warned though, the slow preset is not worth it. Even if you meet the computational requirement, it is rare to be able to have consistent 60fps output. From my own testing, the 3900x will use about 70-80% cpu usage, and even with a 3950x it will be around 60%, and both still encounter encoder lag.

In addition to that, the slow preset (at least to my eyes) is worse quality at lower bitrates (i.e. 6000kpbs), specifically when it comes to macroblocking. I don't know the exact differences in x264 flags that cause it, but I've had a much better experience with how the medium preset's quality looks compared to the slow preset, aside from the encoder lag problem.

SizeableMichael

Ryzen 9 3900x.

Be warned though, the slow preset is not worth it. Even if you meet the computational requirement, it is rare to be able to have consistent 60fps output. From my own testing, the 3900x will use about 70-80% cpu usage, and even with a 3950x it will be around 60%, and both still encounter encoder lag.

In addition to that, the slow preset (at least to my eyes) is worse quality at lower bitrates (i.e. 6000kpbs), specifically when it comes to macroblocking. I don't know the exact differences in x264 flags that cause it, but I've had a much better experience with how the medium preset's quality looks compared to the slow preset, aside from the encoder lag problem.

Sorry, what about 900p 60FPS medium preset on a dedicated stream pc? wondering if if a Ryzen 5 3600 would be enough, or even a 3 3300x? or would i need to go up to the 7 3700x?