Capure card keeps freezing in OBS (sometimes not even recognised)

SurvivorNumber1

when using OBS and streaming to Twitch, my Elgato capture card has started to randomly freeze and then i have ot deactivtae/activate mulitple times or sometimes have ti manually unplug and plug the card back in in order ot get it to appear again. This happens whne streaming and alos when im not stremaing and just have OBS open.

I havbe a good USB C to A cable and the HDMI cables are good quality too (using HDMI audio convertor as im streaming xbox series X).

PC specs are:

AWD-IT X= Mini CUBE White Ryzen 5 5500 6 Core NVIDIA RTX 3060 12GB​

When i open up 4K capture utility app, the xbox/capture card never freezes then, only when its being used in OBS (i dont ever have 4k app open as well as OBS as im only streaming, not recording).

I have not been able to stream properly for the last 3 days due to it freezing.

Also, i often have to unplug/deactivate/activate in order to evne get the xbox/capture card to show in OBS - deelteing and re-adding as a source etc, it's very frustrating

JiQuetz

I actually have had this same problem recently, and literally same steps needed to do to get it to work again which is to unplug it and plug it again. I also have good USB and HDMI cables and have tried to use different USB ports on my PC but still experiencing the problem. My PC specs are also really good so it's definitely not a PC problem. I don't even stream, I just use the 4k Capture Utility App so I can play my PS5 and Switch games while using my PC at the same time and so I can hear the audio. I hope someone can help us resolve this. Please let me know if you fix the problem as well. Thank you!