Capture Card captures video, but no audio

CobraDarius

Hello, I have an issue with my capture card. I've looked around on here and tested lots of things but cannot seem to fix this.

I've got an Elgato HD60 S+ which is capturing video from a Switch. The video shows up in OBS just fine, but there's no sound with it. On the audio mixer, there isn't any sound showing up either, but I don't have any issue like this with other things like Game Captures. So basically I'm able to record silent videos on the Switch. I've tried a separate audio input capture, which also doesn't capture sound. I've tested a whole load of different settings with no change helping. At one point I thought it was something to do with the card itself as outside of OBS, it doesn't show any audio in sound settings either, even with everything set up to record audio, such as making sure Listen to this device box is checked. However, I don't think it is a hardware issue as I was able to test the capture card and all cables attached with another PC and a fresh install of OBS, and it worked perfectly immediately. The USB port doesn't seem to be an issue as I'm able to use a microphone in it and it will detect sound. So my best guess is that I've done something wrong in my settings or potentially scene, but after trying all sorts, I'm stuck on what it could be. I've attached my latest log from just now in case that has any info that will help solve this problem.

Any help would be really great, thanks in advance. Sorry if this isn't worded well or doesn't have all the right information you need, I'm a little new to posting on forums and such.

Attachments

• 2023-01-05 18-49-20.txt
    17.2 KB · Views: 69

CobraDarius

Okay I think I've fixed it, it seemed to be a driver issue rather than any kind of settings. Had to update with something I'd found online and now it seems to be working fine