Can't hear streamelements alert sounds through headphones

Agent_PK_1

Hi all,

when an alert from streamlabs comes through I can see that the sound is being played through obs on the audio mixer, but i can't hear it through my headphones.

I will try my best to describe how i have it set up:

In the browser source for the alert i have ticked "control audio via obs" so it has its own fader in the mixer. In advanced audio properties I have set the alert to 'Monitor and Output".

I have my headphones plugged into the onlyaudio jack on my laptop, the 3.5mm headphone jack. In windows advanced settings it says output is routed to headphones, and obs i have tried routing to both default and to headphones.

In obs settings>audio I have tried every combination I can. Both desktop audio and audio monitoring set to default, both set to headphones, desktop default and monitoring headphones AND desktop headphones and monitoring default. and as stated avove i have tried all of the combos with obs in windows advanced settings on both default or headphones.

I am still new to obs and to streaming on twitch, my next stream will only be my 4th ever stream, but it worked fine the first couple of times with the alerts and i haven't (knowingly) changed anything. I'd be very grateful for some advice as I really need to hear the alerts to interact with them.

Thanks
PK

Log file: