Can't get sidechain ducking to work

8tungdata

Hi,
my problem: I have Desktop-Audio and a Podmic. I want to have the Podmic always louder then the Desktop-Audio. I configured a compressor on the Desktop-Audio Source with the pocmic as Source for the sidechaining but nothing happens. The compressor only works if I set the sidechaining source to none. But then he is always working without sidechaining. If I choose the mic as input the compressor stops working completely and never reacts to my voice. Despite of all parameter changes. I tested them all.

Here are some screenshots. At first the compessor is disabled.

20220123_192732.png

Here is the activated sideschain. It does literally nothing. :(

20220123_194622.png

Her is my logfile: https://obsproject.com/logs/8JrMn1p3nFCsJmrh

I tried nearly all but nothing works.

norihiro

It looks you have 'Audio Move open' and 'Audio Move close 2'. If you remove them, is it still not working?
I tried sidechain on my almost clean setup and looks working; Desktop audio meter goes down if I speak something.

8tungdata

Removing has no effect. Do you use nested scenes? What kind of linux do you use? I'm using Linux Manjaro with OBS 27.1.3. Even if use a new blank set of scenes. There is nothing with the sidechain effect.

8tungdata

I tested the clean flatpak version I have too. It is the same. Fresh install. No ducking works. I tested my windows 10 surface tablet: Ducking works out of the box.

GRR. I want it for my linux pc.

deManger

I came here searching same problem after trying deb install and flatpack also.
Linux mint 21.3.
OBS 30.0.2
Ducking does not work.
Any help appreciated.