Can't get "Push-To-Talk" & "Push-To-Mute" (hotkeys) to work on M1 Mac

danstgram

Hi all,

After struggling with this for a few hours, I figured I'd ask the question: Is there a reason that push-to-talk (or push-to-mute) functionality doesn't work on M1 (Silicon) Macs? I've got PTT/PTM checked in the Audio settings, as well as hotkeys assigned for each of the audio sources. However, triggering the hotkey only gets the levels to spike for a split second and then fall back to mute -- and only if OBS is the focus.

In terms of troubleshooting, I have done the following:
  • Clean reinstall of OBS (26.1)
  • Verified OBS has permission for "input monitoring" in security settings
  • Tried using a variety of hotkey options, including simple, single-key triggers
  • Verified that PTT functionality works in another app -- specifically, in Zoom, holding down spacebar works as intended for PTT
  • Ensured that keyboard "repeat" functionality works, and reset keyboard preferences via Terminal command
  • Tried a few keyboards: Apple vs. 3rd party, USB & Bluetooth

I can't think of anything else, unless this is something with the permission structure of MacOS. Anyone having a similar issue or have something else I might try?

Thanks for your help!
Daniel

joshualelon

I am also having the same issue with my M1 MacBook Pro, and am also wondering if you managed to resolve the issue.

vecocamacho

Looks like there is not much going on here, but I just jump in to say... ME TOO

(Mid 2012 MBP 13-Inch Ventura 13.4.1) OBS 29.1.3