Question / Help Cant chose NVIDIA as encoder and do not see it as an option at all. Please help!

jaime.m_859

So before I got OBS at all I tried to set up screen recording with the NVIDIA experience recording tool but it did not work since it said that my GPU is eighter outdated or it does not meet the requirements BUT my GPU is not outdated although it is not the best eighter ( it is a NVIDIA Ge-force gt 1030 ). After giving up with geforce experience i downloaded OBS screen recorder and when I went into the settings I realized that it did not let me chose my NVIDIA as an encoder and i could only chose from the options "software (x264)" or something named "160" . The nvidia option does not come up at all and after i tried recording with the software as the encoder it skipped an absolute big amound of frames and at one point went up to about 30% frames skipped. I know that I could just lower the settings but I really want to know why my gpu does not pop up at all in any screen recorders and how I could fix it as it is not outdated and should be able to pop up there. Thanks if you took the time to read this.

Attachments

• capture for post.PNG
    capture for post.PNG
    60.1 KB · Views: 216
  • gefore capture.PNG
    gefore capture.PNG
    47.3 KB · Views: 209
  • Capture 2.PNG
    Capture 2.PNG
    40.7 KB · Views: 166

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
You appear to be using Streamlabs, not OBS Studio. Please contact them for support.