Bug Report No NVENC option with GT 1030 card

edolnx

Doing some testing on Windows 10 with OBS version 19.0.2 with a new nvidia GT 1030 card (driver version 382.33) and the NVENC option doesn't appear in the video settings panel. The log file is attached. Any ideas? This is a fresh install of Windows 10 with updates as of May 2017 slipstreamed, and a fresh install of the drivers and OBS. The display drivers were installed after running DDU to remove any existing drivers, which also disables Windows Update from "upgrading" drivers when an Internet connection is seen.

Attachments

• 2017-05-25 12-13-01.txt
    9.4 KB · Views: 1,466
You need GTX card to use nvenc. GT's don't have it. If its new card go back to seller and try to exchange it for some 1050/1050Ti if that's your desired price range

Boildown

GT (not GTX) have supported NVEnc in the past (but I'm not sure about the 1030 specifically), they're just really bad at doing all the other stuff OBS requires, and that's what makes them bad. If you dropped your resolution enough they should be able to record via NVEnc, but no one wants to record 480p any more....

edolnx

Gave up on the GT 1030 card, based on the log files I'm thinking the current drivers are not installing all of the NVENC DLLs. I'll try again in a few months.