Can't capture Minecraft

RandomLemon20

When I add Minecraft to the game capture, it becomes a tiny at the top left corner, and when I transform it to fit the screen, I can see the red outline, but the capture is just a black screen.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-09-30 204720.png
    Screenshot 2020-09-30 204720.png
    562 bytes · Views: 383
  • Screenshot 2020-09-30 205031.png
    Screenshot 2020-09-30 205031.png
    3.9 KB · Views: 375

Flaeri

Hi! :)

MC is a bit of a weird one. It usually open in windowed mode, so you might have to go into the game capture, choose "specific window" and choose javaw/mc in the drop down.

If you happen to be running on a laptop or all-in-one system, you most likely will need to run thru this:
https://obsproject.com/wiki/Minecraft-Not-Working-With-Game-Capture

It can be a bit tricky, so please drop by the discord server if you need help getting it sorted.
https://obsproject.com/discord

RandomLemon20

Flaeri

Good. Then you can either hit up the discord, or you can post your obs log in here after you've tried to capture minecraft. Have you tried running OBS as admin?

HANKirl

Hi! I am also having this issue exactly. Things I have tried that have not fixed the problem:
  • Restarting PC
  • Uninstall/reinstall (versions 24, 25, & 26; hard uninstall; temp files deleted)
  • Game capture (all kinds)
  • Run as Administrator

Common things I have considered:
  • Layer is visible
  • Layer is on top
  • Minecraft is open and the active window

The only things that work:
  • Display capture (this is not sufficient because my FPS is impractical to play on)
  • Windowed capture (very fiddly, and very low FPS that mean the game is unplayable.)

Flaeri

@HANKirl
If you're on a laptop, this is a required step to get it working:

Running as admin may be required. Optifine can sometimes cause issues, so if at all possible, try testing without it (or other shaders/graphics mods) first.

If you're still strugling, please upload your log.

Krisp20

@HANKirl
If you're on a laptop, this is a required step to get it working:

Running as admin may be required. Optifine can sometimes cause issues, so if at all possible, try testing without it (or other shaders/graphics mods) first.

If you're still strugling, please upload your log.

my laptop has a 1709 system so i cant access the graphic settings. How else am i supposed to do this?

D0pet

help please my OBS wont capture minecraft but will anything else please help i need it ive been trying to fix for 10 hours it used to work now it doesent idk what its issue is i realy wanna edit again

zartax35

alright gentlemen, i have just encountered this same issue, and indeed am using a laptop.. i am trying to record the blood n bones mod for the 1.7.10 build, optifine included, ran thru the technic launcher. now the guide that @Flaeri posted did indeed work with getting OBS to recognize the window, and be able to see it in windowed and fullscreen... but now it crashes upon loading into a world. could this be one of those optifine issues flaeri mentioned? but after taking javaw.exe off of high performance mode, it functions as it should, but alas, no capture. any suggstions or wisdom any of you could offer would be appreciated. running a rtx 2060, up to date graphics drivers and se binarys or whatever.

TokeroSahi

Oh, I ran into a similar situation. I had a similar problem because of an unusual screen resolution. I bought this screen in Taiwan and it is very wide. It's the same height as a normal monitor, but it's twice as wide. And Minecraft doesn't support this resolution.