Question / Help Cannot stream due to huge fps drop

MattJerr

After Windows 10 October Update streaming became unable for me. FPS is going to down almost to 0 despite of having 60+ ingame. Also CPU load was higher that it used to. As I read here, this's cause of uncompatibility between new nvidia's and intel's driver. Almost 2 months passed and still having this issue but now CPU load went to normal.
p.s. Using NVENC, but trying to stream using x264 gives the same.

MattJerr

Your log is fine btw i don't see any issues.
So your experiencing huge fps drops on stream or only on OBS?
Is the bitrate fine when you stream?
Even with the fps drops?

Oh try this handy tool to check your past streams btw > https://inspector.twitch.tv/

I experiencing drops on stream, I guess, cause I've tried Streamlabs OBS and XSplit — same thing.
The bitrate is fine, but at the beginning of a stream it may drop a while and that restore

Well your gameplay should be fine with that Gpu of yours.
Your cpu is a little low but there should be no issue streaming 720 30fps on a 3500 bitrate or lower.
If you go to Settings > Advanced > Proces Priorty and play with this a little bit.
It helped me optimize the stream and the game.

Can you post a screenshot of your output settings?

MattJerr

Well your gameplay should be fine with that Gpu of yours.
Your cpu is a little low but there should be no issue streaming 720 30fps on a 3500 bitrate or lower.
If you go to Settings > Advanced > Proces Priorty and play with this a little bit.
It helped me optimize the stream and the game.

Can you post a screenshot of your output settings?
Desktop Screenshot 2018.11.20 - 18.41.21.92.png
Desktop Screenshot 2018.11.20 - 18.41.24.79.png
Desktop Screenshot 2018.11.20 - 18.41.41.34_LI.jpg

MattJerr

I've recorded some videos to show you what is actually going on.
I've noticed that FPS drops only in the menus, but in game it 29(!(it may drop sometimes))-30 on the first video and ~12(!!!)-60 on the second
Also I've set CPU usage to HIGH, but previously I've set to the lowest and detect that there's no actual difference between IDLE and HIGH, expect CPU load. No FPS boost in OBS, no FPS lost in-game

Log-file

Well your obs settings are fine so its something else thats lagging your game.
Do you update your drivers?
Like game drivers with Geforce Experience?
Update your windows there might have been an windows version that makes your pc slower for gaming.
Or for recording it happens all the time with Windows.

If you can't find the activate game mode for windows option follow these instructions :
To enable Game Mode in Windows 10, open Settings Panel and go to the Gaming section. On the left-hand side, you will see the Game Mode option. Click on it and toggle the button to enable Game Mode right away. After enabling Game Mode from Settings Panel, you need to activate it in the individual game.

MattJerr

Well your obs settings are fine so its something else thats lagging your game.
Do you update your drivers?
Like game drivers with Geforce Experience?
Update your windows there might have been an windows version that makes your pc slower for gaming.
Or for recording it happens all the time with Windows.

If you can't find the activate game mode for windows option follow these instructions :
To enable Game Mode in Windows 10, open Settings Panel and go to the Gaming section. On the left-hand side, you will see the Game Mode option. Click on it and toggle the button to enable Game Mode right away. After enabling Game Mode from Settings Panel, you need to activate it in the individual game.
Game mode was turned on. When I turned it off, FPS was stable during both streaming and recording. So today I'll do a live stream and will inspect it's status by Twitch inspector. I'll share the result later evening

Game mode was turned on. When I turned it off, FPS was stable during both streaming and recording. So today I'll do a live stream and will inspect it's status by Twitch inspector. I'll share the result later evening
No problem,
I might not be online tonight but i wil be online tomorrow.

MattJerr

So, I've streamed 2 times. First 30FPS limit, then 60. Everything works perfeclty. But I guess Game Mode wasn't the only issue, at least in October. Driver's uncompatibility used to force OBS to load CPU more than usually.
Anyway, glad both of you could help me. Thank you!

So, I've streamed 2 times. First 30FPS limit, then 60. Everything works perfeclty. But I guess Game Mode wasn't the only issue, at least in October. Driver's uncompatibility used to force OBS to load CPU more than usually.
Anyway, glad both of you could help me. Thank you!

No problem i hope some updates in the future wil solve your driver problem.