Cannot Get Chroma Key to Work.SDR Only?

whiteflag

Just installed OBS Studio latest version (30.02) and I cannot get Chroma key to work. All settings are default. Have added Video Source (C922 Pro Webcam - Logitech). Every time I try to set the Chroma Key it tells me, "Only on SDR Video's" I used to use an older version of OBS and the Chroma Key worked fine. I had no problems with the same computer, same webcam, but since updating (actually I ended up uninistalling and just reinstalling to wipe out any messed up settings) I can't get it to work now. Any solutions? The only solution I have come across on the forums has been "turn off HDR". But I cannot find out how you do that either.

I have attached a composite screen shot showing the video settings, the advanced video settings and the chroma key filter screen. Any help would be much appreciated.

P.S. I am not planning to do any streaming, just simple recording, edit and post to YouTube.

Attachments

• obs-chroma-key.png
    obs-chroma-key.png
    791.3 KB · Views: 57

koala

The message about SDR is not an error message, it's a static text that's always present no matter any settings. It was probably added with OBS 30, so this is the cause why it's not present with older OBS versions.

You're not successful using the green screen+chroma key filter, because your lighting is bad, and/or the white balance of your camera might be off.
The green screen should be lighted as uniform as possible, and it should appear "more green", which can be achieved with proper white balance and by not using a single small and extremely bright source near the green screen but instead more distributed light. Better would be two not so bright sources, one left and one right (would also avoid more shadows on you), and even better some bar or screen that emits light.
In your screenshot, the similarity value is 1. This is making the filter the least sensitive - it will only work with perfect green. The more you push it to the right, the more different shades of green and deviations the filter will allow.

With similarity 491, smoothness 1 and key color spill reduction 1 i was able to extract your person from your screenshot quite well, could be improved with better lighting for sure.

Last edited:

whiteflag

Thank you for your input. I changed my lighting to "daylight settings" and did a little adjusting from your figures and it works fine now.