Can I have a Separate Stream and Recording Setup on One Instance?

Krozjin

I've been using 2 instances of OBS every time I stream because I like to record clips for videos. The reason I use 2 is because the recording doesn't have the webcam or any of the extra overlays like followers, sound effects, etc.

This is of course completely useable but it is more taxing on the computer. Is there any way at all to disable sources, both audio and video, from appearing on the recording (Like in streamlabs obs)?

I love obs studio and use many plugins, but it's the one thing that I miss from streamlabs that I've never found a workaround for.

Thank you all! ♥

FerretBomb

I've been using 2 instances of OBS every time I stream because I like to record clips for videos. The reason I use 2 is because the recording doesn't have the webcam or any of the extra overlays like followers, sound effects, etc.

This is of course completely useable but it is more taxing on the computer. Is there any way at all to disable sources, both audio and video, from appearing on the recording (Like in streamlabs obs)?

I love obs studio and use many plugins, but it's the one thing that I miss from streamlabs that I've never found a workaround for.

Thank you all! ♥
There is no per-source recording option yet, no. Jim has said that he does want to add one, but doesn't want to do it in the hacky string-and-bubblegum way that Streamlabs has implemented; he wants to do it properly.
To reduce overhead, I'd recommend using an obs-ndi output filter on the source(s) you want to capture, then catch it/them with another copy of OBS running in Portable Mode with an NDI-input. If you're using NVENC for encoding, the added overhead should be minimal at best.