Can’t use both cameras at the same time (since recent update)

AvalonR

We’ve been using two usb cameras plugged directly into our laptop to get our camera inputs but recently we’ve been unable to get both cameras to function at the same time. One or the other goes black every time we reset obs. Both used to work up until the most recent update and our computer recognizes that both inputs are there so I dont think it’s a hardware issue in our end. Unfortunately the device names are the same so the drop down menu in OBS also gets confused (though windows won’t let me change it for whatever reason). Our cameras are plugged in through an usb to hdmi plug and then a dock, though I’ve tried plugging one camera in directly to the computer and one on the dock with no dice.

I’ve tried plugging and unplugging both cameras. Changing the input in the drop down menus (when not greyed out), reset OBS multiple times over and reset the computer all together but nothing seems to work.

Any help will be much appreciated! Thanks!

Rprtr37

I am having exactly the same issue. I have tried it on two different laptops in addition to trying different cameras and switching cables, ports, etc. I am going to watch this thread to see if anyone can help. I am at my wits' end.