khaver

You might try booting into a USB thumb drive that has a mediacentric Linux OS on it to see if you can access the webcam from it. If it works in Linux then as Tomasz says, it's a problem with your Windows system. If it also doesn't work in Linux then it's most definitely a hardware problem.

Does the manufacture of your computer have any specific drivers for the webcam or does it just rely on Microsoft drivers? Any firmware updates available for the webcam?

If all else fails, webcams are not really that expensive. Check Amazon.

Wait a sec. Maybe I have to update things when I turn the PC on? I dunno. But the Windows system never gave problems before, and if I buy stuff like this on Amazon, my family would get suspicious. And I don't have a credit card either. I doubt it's the system.

khaver

If it's not the system, then it's a hardware problem. Nothing lasts forever. Have you searched on google to see if others have had the same problem with the same webcam?

If it's not the system, then it's a hardware problem. Nothing lasts forever. Have you searched on google to see if others have had the same problem with the same webcam?
I did try, but I haven't found anything like this with the HD User Facing incorporated camera. Not yet, at least with ones that say that the problem persisted after following the instructions from Microsoft. Some on Youtube had a similiar issue, but with other webcams.

Last edited: