Question / Help Buggy DirectX 12 Game Capture??

Aaroz Ezio

Greetings,

This is my first time streaming DirectX 12 title and just found out that it produced serious video playback quality issue when hooking to DX 12 program but when on DX 11 it gets the job done without problem. Even with Shadowplay the game recorded well with no hitch at all. So, after a while of tweaking it is still unfixed as of now. So I decided to look for a solution to this problem. Log and clips were provided as below.

Log
Recorded Clips - Control (DX11 and DX12)

Last edited:

NotTangible

I had the same issue. Since you are on a GTX 980, you don’t really need to use DirectX 12 since it’s mostly only for the use of Ray Tracing.

I had the same hitching issues, it’s not that noticeable in my videos & im using Ray Tracing.. but it’s still there. Check out my recent control YouTube videos https://youtube.com/c/NotTangible. I even had the same issue in gears 5 today since that’s on DirectX 12

Aaroz Ezio

Yeah, I revert to DX11 since I noticed last night that textures were not loading properly (blurry) when moving to other area in the map with DX12. It's no big deal now.

vorob

Any solution for this? Tried random game, streams fine, launched control in dx12, stream is laggy as hell. Why? Hmm, tried dx 12 battlefield v and it also lag on stream feed. OBS works bad with DX12?

Last edited:

Aaroz Ezio

Any solution for this? Tried random game, streams fine, launched control in dx12, stream is laggy as hell. Why? Hmm, tried dx 12 battlefield v and it also lag on stream feed. OBS works bad with DX12?
I can confirm it depends on the game itself since Shadow of The Tomb Raider worked very well in DirectX12 with HDR turned on and it didnt have any constant lag at all. Some DirectX12-enabled games have serious streaming issue with OBS but not with the the GPU's own software (Shadowplay/Relive)