[Bug Report] If nvenc becomes unavailable, the encoder stays as nvenc and it isn't possible to change it.

CalvoMan

So last year I borrowed a friends GTX 750, and on December I decided to give it back and get a GT 1030 for myself. OBS became uncapable of streaming with the typical "Failed to initialize video", but it could record videos.
Turns out that the 1030 doesn't have NVENC support. The configuration window said that x264 was selected for streaming, with no properties available. If I opened the dropdown list it only showed x264, and if I 'selected' it nothing would change.
After looking at my logs I found that OBS was still trying to use the ffmpeg_nvenc encoder, and I was unable to change it to x264.
I was about to fully reinstall the program, deleting user files in the process. But before that I decided to snoop on the program's files to see if there was something I could do. I managed to find the config file which set the encoder to NVENC, I copied the encoder for my recordings and pasted it on the streaming encoder. That solved the problem.

TL;DR: If someone is using NVENC and makes a change on their PC which makes only x264 available, the encoder stays as NVENC and it isn't possible to change it without editing the config files.

gusttavo0800

[QUOTE = "CalvoMan, postagem: 503677, membro: 300517"]
Por isso, no ano passado, peguei emprestado um GTX 750 de um amigo, e em dezembro decidi devolvê-lo e comprar um GT 1030 para mim. OBS tornou-se incapaz de fazer streaming com o típico "Falha ao inicializar vídeo", mas poderia gravar vídeos.
Acontece que o 1030 não tem suporte a NVENC. A janela de configuração disse que x264 foi selecionado para streaming, sem propriedades disponíveis. Se eu abrisse a lista suspensa, ela mostraria apenas x264, e se eu 'selecionasse' nada mudaria.
Depois de olhar meus registros, descobri que o OBS ainda estava tentando usar o codificador ffmpeg_nvenc e não consegui alterá-lo para x264.
Eu estava prestes a reinstalar totalmente o programa, excluindo arquivos do usuário no processo. Mas antes disso decidi bisbilhotar os arquivos do programa para ver se havia algo que eu pudesse fazer. Consegui encontrar o arquivo de configuração que configurava o codificador para NVENC, copiei o codificador para minhas gravações e colei no codificador de streaming. Isso resolveu o problema.

TL; DR: Se alguém estiver usando NVENC e fizer uma alteração em seu PC que disponibilize apenas o x264, o codificador permanecerá como NVENC e não será possível alterá-lo sem editar os arquivos de configuração.
[/CITAR]
entao vc fez funcionar o nvenc na gt 1030, me ensina por favor porque nao entendi muito bem a explicação ai

Harold

entao vc fez funcionar o nvenc na gt 1030, me ensina por favor porque nao entendi muito bem a explicação ai
Your issue is not the same, and you will never get nvenc available on that system as long as the GT 1030 is your video card. the 1030 physically does NOT have nvenc.