Bug report: Control Audio via OBS and/or Application Audio Capture beta causes app Not Responding

Problem: OBS28.0.1 and OBS20.0.0 is freezing and showing as "not responding" for 5-8min when I do any of the following:
-Launch app or close app
-Switch scene collections
-Press start recording/stop recording button
-Returning to the base/default screen of OBS
-Add or make changes to sources
and sometimes app won't start at all.
Of note: Switching scenes does not freeze.

Logs:
https://obsproject.com/logs/mqYoSfzcnIZ38whb
or

I was unable to share crash reports because, as frustrating at it was that the app was going into Not Responding mode every time I did almost anything, it never did crash.

Uninstalling 28 and installing 27 didn't help.
Uninstalling 27, ticking the "remove all my settings, scene collections, profiles, app data, etc." checkbox, then re-installing 27, cleared up the problem.
(Uninstalling 27 after that and installing 28.0.1 also seems to function fine)

So, something in my settings, scene collections, etc. was the culprit. Which is weird cuz I didn't change anything new right before the problem reared its head.
I will now have to either build my scenes back up from scratch, or import scene collections. It's possible that one or both of these might lead to the exact same problem. Any advice?

To try to determine the problem, I started importing scene collections one by one into a clean-slate OBS. Most of them cause no adverse effects.

But. With my scene collection with split audio (using Source properties>Control Audio via OBS and Application Audio Capture beta), even just trying to add that one into the list in the Scene Collection Importer pop-up window caused a rather long bout of unresponsiveness in the app. So I bet it's something having to do with those split audio bits. Because... other than that, this scene collection is identical to another scene collection I imported with no problem.

Conclusion:
Something about Control Audio via OBS and/or Application Audio Capture beta is something that the app can't handle, forcing it into Not Responding.

This is a bit strange since the app didn't put up any fuss when I first put those into my scenes. It was only days afterward that it went Not Responding on me. AND even WEIRDER, it went Not Responding even in scene collections where those aren't present. Incredibly bizarre.