Budget GPU For Broadcast.

Kempy

Hello.

I'm looking for some GPU options to keep my current broadcast PC going (which will be referred to as the 'Annoying Sidekick' from here on) until I can afford a new gaming PC and retire my current one (i7-7700k & GTX980 w/ 16GB RAM @ 3000MHz) to Broadcast duties.

I'm running 720p60 broadcast on Software h.264 at ~5500kbps with the ultrafast preset, with 128kbps AAC audio. The Annoying Sidekick is really showing its age with an FX-8350 and a Radeon 6850 HD. It's running 32GB of ram at 2133 MHz. It's in a tiny ATX case and is heating up like crazy (80C GPU & 60C CPU) causing blue screens semi-frequently, at this point I've dialled back the overclock to factory profiles to help alleviate that.

Aside from a bigger case (which is coming soon-ish) the only upgrade I can think of would be a GPU to utilize better hardware acceleration for sources. Another bonus of a new GPU is an alternative encoder to the old h.264.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a GPU upgrade to improve the performance?

So far the ones that have caught my eye are:
GTX 1650 ~$200
Radeon Pro W5700 (not sure how this one will work since it's a pro card) ~$300

This is just a bandaid fix.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Kempy