Browser Source Reloading?

EnzoCast

Whenever I switch back to the scene which contains this Browser Source it keeps reloading? As you can see Refresh browser isn't selected. Anyone having this same issue, or a solution for it? (I removed the url for the sake of the post)
Screenshot 2022-03-15 at 11.39.18.png

papigraybeard

Hello. Are you talking about the source not playing all the way thru? I have an issue where my browser source social media animation starts to play and 2 seconds in it freezes.

EnzoCast

No. The source is the chatroom from Streamlabs. It loads up but if I leave the Scene and then come back it reloads. I've not checked any of the boxes to ask it to reload, so I have no idea why it's doing that.

rock3r

FWIW I have the same issue with the Streamlabs chatroom. I'm starting to suspect it may be an issue on the Streamlabs side...

EnzoCast

FWIW I have the same issue with the Streamlabs chatroom. I'm starting to suspect it may be an issue on the Streamlabs side...
Hopefully someone has a solution to this, as it's wiping my chat clear off the stream, ever time I change scenes.

Do you have the browser source duplicated (linked) between scenes, or set up from scratch in each? Not on my laptop so can't check the behaviour myself, but it might be that you have the same browser source set up twice rather than once with a duplicate.

EnzoCast

Do you have the browser source duplicated (linked) between scenes, or set up from scratch in each? Not on my laptop so can't check the behaviour myself, but it might be that you have the same browser source set up twice rather than once with a duplicate.
I have the chatroom setup in two different Scenes, and then I add those scenes to one Source. I don't understand why this would make a difference?

Okay, back at laptop and have had the chance to review my above post. Firstly, my bad, by "duplicated (linked)" I meant "Paste (reference)"

So, to explain a bit more fully. What might fix this issue is ensuring all your identical browser sources are references of a single browser source, not just simple duplicates or set up from scratch each time. My thinking here is, while you've told OBS you don't want to refresh on reload, a browser source sitting in a dormant scene might be suspended for memory's sake, either by OBS, the website, or the underlying browser. Again, this is a guess, but one I think worth hearing out.

So, step one, remove all your browser sources – let's start fresh.

Two: Create your new chatroom browser source. Set it up how you'd like it to be.

Three: right click on that browser source and select "copy"

Four: Go to your second scene, right click in the sources area and select "Paste (reference)"

That should be it. Please let me know your results as I'd love confirmation that this fixed it, or feedback that it didn't.

I have the chatroom setup in two different Scenes, and then I add those scenes to one Source. I don't understand why this would make a difference?
Set up in two scenes then added to one source?

EnzoCast

Okay, back at laptop and have had the chance to review my above post. Firstly, my bad, by "duplicated (linked)" I meant "Paste (reference)"

So, to explain a bit more fully. What might fix this issue is ensuring all your identical browser sources are references of a single browser source, not just simple duplicates or set up from scratch each time. My thinking here is, while you've told OBS you don't want to refresh on reload, a browser source sitting in a dormant scene might be suspended for memory's sake, either by OBS, the website, or the underlying browser. Again, this is a guess, but one I think worth hearing out.

So, step one, remove all your browser sources – let's start fresh.

Two: Create your new chatroom browser source. Set it up how you'd like it to be.

Three: right click on that browser source and select "copy"

Four: Go to your second scene, right click in the sources area and select "Paste (reference)"

That should be it. Please let me know your results as I'd love confirmation that this fixed it, or feedback that it didn't.

Set up in two scenes then added to one source?
I tried that the other day. Had one main Browser Source and Posted References - it still refreshed. I'm thinking I'll have to just have two Scenes that are basically the same. I was hoping to have one Scene and nest it in others, but these Browser Sources, just aren't playing nice at all.