Blurry recording. How to make it as seen on screen

ams ken

Hi there I am recording some video tutorials of my screen and for some reason, it comes out much more blurry than what I am seeing.

Here is a screen shot with the difference recording on the right and my screen on the left
Screenshot 2021-02-26 at 07.44.00.png

And here are my video recording settings...

Screenshot 2021-02-26 at 07.44.29.png

Some help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

nottooloud

I don't see anything obvious. Base and output resolution is good. Bitrate is fast enough. You're not high speed gaming, so you can lean harder on quality. Try faster instead of veryfast. I'd try a different rate control. Since you're not streaming, switch from CBR to CQP or CRF.

good rate control article

ams ken

I don't see anything obvious. Base and output resolution is good. Bitrate is fast enough. You're not high speed gaming, so you can lean harder on quality. Try faster instead of veryfast. I'd try a different rate control. Since you're not streaming, switch from CBR to CQP or CRF.

good rate control article

OK so non of these settings really change the look of it which is weird as I have done a test in Screenflow with a similar setting to my original one and that records much clearer even with similar settings. Any other Ideas?

Im running a MacBook pro with this spec...

Screenshot 2021-03-01 at 15.41.59.png

khaver

How large is the application on your screen. If the application is larger than your 1920x1080 base canvas size then you are downsizing the capture in OBS. If possible, make your application window size 1920x1080 so it's the same size as the base canvas. Any time you downsize you lose detail.

CatMan

How large is the application on your screen. If the application is larger than your 1920x1080 base canvas size then you are downsizing the capture in OBS. If possible, make your application window size 1920x1080 so it's the same size as the base canvas. Any time you downsize you lose detail.

student

Did anyone managed to solve the problem? What did you do to solve the problem? I have the same problem, I did not change any settings, once I install OBS I leave the default settings alone.

returnMarcco

Did anyone managed to solve the problem? What did you do to solve the problem? I have the same problem, I did not change any settings, once I install OBS I leave the default settings alone.
Hi. I was facing the same issue, and managed to resolve it by heading into OBS settings => 'Video' tab => changing Output (Scaled) Resolution to my target resolution, in my case 2560x1440. I don't know why this worked for me, as I explicitly stated not to rescale output in the 'Output' tab, but it did.

hisyntax

Hi. I was facing the same issue, and managed to resolve it by heading into OBS settings => 'Video' tab => changing Output (Scaled) Resolution to my target resolution, in my case 2560x1440. I don't know why this worked for me, as I explicitly stated not to rescale output in the 'Output' tab, but it did.
This actually solved my problem..
Go to Settings=>video... you might notice that the =>Base (canvas) resolution is not the same as the =>Output (scaled) resolution
If that is you case, make the =>Output (scaled) resolution equal to the =>Base (canvas) resolution.
That should solve the problem

Phil35

Hi @hisyntax
Thank you so much.
"make the =>Output (scaled) resolution equal to the =>Base (canvas) resolution."
This solves the issue too.

Thinkpad, under ubuntu 22.04, recording video in a firefox tab.