Blurry facecam during fast motion gameplay

Lethality

I have played with so many settings, have watched so many videos, and have read forum questions asking for help about the same thing, and still haven't gotten it to work for myself. I've played with the bitrate but still haven't found anything suited for me. When I record the footage looks good, but it's only when I'm streaming does the quality drop. Help me please and thank you.

Specs:
  • Intel Core i5 10th Gen 10400F 2.90GHz (4.30GHz) 6-Core 12-Thread
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6GB
  • RGB CPU Cooler
  • 16GB DDR4 3000MHz
  • 512GB Intel 660P M.2 NVME SSD
  • 500W 80 Plus
  • Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Upload speed:

upload speed.png

OBS settings:
Simple streaming and recording settings.png

Simple streaming and recording settings.png

Advanced streaming and recording settings.png

Video settings.png

Camera settings.png

Twitch clip example: https://clips.twitch.tv/PlausibleVibrantMarrowAMPTropPunch-f-7VGHfkz5TRABSR

PaiSand

For streaming use CBR only. CQP is for recording.
Downscale go for Lanczos (36)
If your not using any advanced encoder settings don't enable it.

Restart OBS and perform a test stream/recording of no less than 30 seconds doing as you normally do, including playing games, full camera or whatever you normally do.
Look in Help menu. Upload the current log file and paste the url to the log in here. Click on the Analize button to start troubleshooting common issues.

To test the quality of your internet connection to Twtich use this tool:
Please insert a screenshoot of the results in your answer too.

Lethality

So I am now using CBR, have downscaled to Lanczos, and have disabled advanced encoder settings.
I could use some more explanation on OBS on how to restarting it. I've done my best to follow instructions and haven't seen a difference in quality. Also, do you have a recommendation for the best bitrate for me? Thank you for the help.

justnslayer

I was searching the forum because i have exactly the same problem.

I noticed you also have AT&T internet.

I wonder…

My camera is crystal clear as long as nothing happens in game. The second i start sprinting with my character it gets blurry/pixelated.

What kind of camera are you using?

I have a Sony A7S II

Lethality

I was searching the forum because i have exactly the same problem.

I noticed you also have AT&T internet.

I wonder…

My camera is crystal clear as long as nothing happens in game. The second i start sprinting with my character it gets blurry/pixelated.

What kind of camera are you using?

I have a Sony A7S II
Just a crappy Razer Kiyo at the moment... I haven't really thought about the camera all too much and might have to try and look into that too.

Zidakuh

The bitrate is simply too low to have a crystal clear facecam with a lot of movement as well, at least for 1080p60.
You either want to lower the resolution of the stream (downscale) or throw more bitrate at it, up to about 7.500 kbps. Going over 8.000 is a no-go.
Since it is Twitch, there isn't really much of an option for the latter.

For a more clear webcam image (or stream overall) at 1080p60, it would require about 9.000-12.000 kbps, which twitch doesn't allow for.
That said, certain low motion games can look okay at 1080p60 6.000 kbps.