Blurriness Issue

Sectus

Hello. I am having a problem with streaming in that it seems I always consistently get a blurry/pixelated stream during high motion scenarios on the stream regardless of what I attempt. I've tried everything from different resolutions to different bitrates and different rate control settings - nothing seems to alleviate it to provide a clear stream.

I also recently attempted streaming on YouTube to see if Twitch's bitrate cap of 6000 was the problem - there was no visible difference even when streaming at 9000 and 12000 bitrate on YouTube. It still had visible pixilation and blurriness and I am confused how to fix this.

The log file provided should have my graphics card information included, if anything else is needed please ask. Thank you!

FerretBomb

Two problems.
One, you're using sRGB color. That's meant for local recording only, not streaming. Switch back to 601 or 709 Partial colorspace in Settings->Advanced. It's going to cause PROBLEMS, as remote streaming services do not support it, and OBS is hard-coded to not send RGB when streaming.

Two, Insufficient bitrate. You're trying to stream 1080p60 at 10mbps. 1080p60 wants 12mbps for average-motion video. For high-motion and high-detail (especially the amount of foliage in games like DbD) you'll need SIGNIFICANTLY more. Like 20-25mbps to hold decent video quality, if not more. YouTube also does internal scaling/processing, so it can need even MORE. If you're able, try flinging 40mbps at YouTube and see how the image quality is. Then pare back.

As a side note, you'll probably want to use the Quality, not Max Quality preset. Also disable both Lookahead and Psycho-Visual Tuning. All three use CUDA cores, and can cause performance issues even on systems that should be running smoothly. The visual quality bump from all three is minimal at best (you'd need to be side-by-side to even see a difference), while the judder/stutter/rendering lag they can cause will be VERY visible.

Sectus

Two problems.
One, you're using sRGB color. That's meant for local recording only, not streaming. Switch back to 601 or 709 Partial colorspace in Settings->Advanced. It's going to cause PROBLEMS, as remote streaming services do not support it, and OBS is hard-coded to not send RGB when streaming.

Two, Insufficient bitrate. You're trying to stream 1080p60 at 10mbps. 1080p60 wants 12mbps for average-motion video. For high-motion and high-detail (especially the amount of foliage in games like DbD) you'll need SIGNIFICANTLY more. Like 20-25mbps to hold decent video quality, if not more. YouTube also does internal scaling/processing, so it can need even MORE. If you're able, try flinging 40mbps at YouTube and see how the image quality is. Then pare back.

As a side note, you'll probably want to use the Quality, not Max Quality preset. Also disable both Lookahead and Psycho-Visual Tuning. All three use CUDA cores, and can cause performance issues even on systems that should be running smoothly. The visual quality bump from all three is minimal at best (you'd need to be side-by-side to even see a difference), while the judder/stutter/rendering lag they can cause will be VERY visible.
Strange that it's indicating I'm streaming at 10 mbps. My internet speed from tests shows to be at least 20 on average, as the plan with my provider indicates. I've changed all of the other settings you mentioned, how can I fix that mbps issue?

hildegain

Disregard what he said about the quality setting. The GTX 1080 is fine to use the max quality preset. Also his suggestion about bitrates is extremely overkill. He's definitely correct about the colourspace setting though. He's not correct about those bitrate suggestions, though, and you can't stream at higher than your ISP cap. so 20mbps is your absolute limit... and overkill.

This would explain it...

00:51:17.994: video settings reset:
00:51:17.994: base resolution: 1920x1080
00:51:17.994: output resolution: 1280x720
00:57:41.803: width: 1920
00:57:41.803: height: 1080

But then you did actually change the output resolution later.

00:53:38.433: video settings reset:
00:53:38.433: base resolution: 1920x1080
00:53:38.433: output resolution: 1920x1080

Otherwise you would have been scaling down to 720p and then back to 1080p which would explain the blur.

Extremely fast motion should cause blurriness but not if you're doing a test recording of something like Dead By Daylight... It should have been fine. Youtube does tend to destroy stream quality regardless of what bitrate you pump into it. So pumping 40mbps into a youtube stream will still look pretty bad. I would suggest removing the lookahead setting as it is supposed to adjust needed b-frames on the fly but rarely looks better on NVENC.

Visuals using NVENC are largely fine at around 6mpbs. It's not going to be lossless but it sure should not be blurry. It's not going to look as good as software encoding but blurriness is concerning. Still. An example would help. I've seen a lot of people who have complained about blurriness in streams but can never specify exactly what is wrong with the image. Inspection usually reveals that the streams are fine.

You've also gotta keep in mind that when streaming -- it's not going to be lossless no matter what you do and nobody expects it to be. So is it actually blurring unreasonably? Or are you simply noticing that it's not perfect?