Black Video output after finishing a recording

Itschocobose

Hello! I just came upon an issue where, when recording an elgato input, my finished file is black video, with no audio. I have included a log file with this post. The weirdest part is that, when recording the same setup last week, there was no issue, but now one has come up. Please advise.

Attachments

• 2021-12-19 17-26-04.txt
    33.1 KB · Views: 16

Lawrence_SoCal

If you haven't already, read up on the big warning in OBS why NOT to record to MP4... remux instead if need be

There is some slight rendering lag (most likely not material)
Read up on why recording using CBR is not advised
not sure if relevant, but curious if this is meaningful
17:31:51.902: warning: Could not update timestamps for discarded samples.

Do you have updated Elgato drivers? there was a Windows OS update last week, so your OS may have changed in a manner impacting your capture setup... or maybe it is simply on the sending end? Have you confirmed video capture feed is working properly outside OBS?

Itschocobose

If you haven't already, read up on the big warning in OBS why NOT to record to MP4... remux instead if need be

There is some slight rendering lag (most likely not material)
Read up on why recording using CBR is not advised
not sure if relevant, but curious if this is meaningful
17:31:51.902: warning: Could not update timestamps for discarded samples.

Do you have updated Elgato drivers? there was a Windows OS update last week, so your OS may have changed in a manner impacting your capture setup... or maybe it is simply on the sending end? Have you confirmed video capture feed is working properly outside OBS?
Interesting... I work in video but have never myself heard of a reason to not use mp4... I'll have to look into that! As for the rest, that might make sense. I did perform the update, and update the elgato drivers as well after this happened. I will be checking tonight if it works outside OBS, but from testing using PC game recording as well, it just seemed to be the elgato footage.