Black screen when capturing games and windows. Windows 10.

Natasha RUS

Black screen when capturing games and windows. What I just didn’t do was reinstall the program itself and the video card drivers updated the black screen anyway. How to fix?

Aone123

A lot of people are having these issues.
Do this:
1. In Cortana bar, search ''Device Manager''.
2. Click the ''Display Adapters'' arrow.
3. In your 2nd option, right-click it.
4. Disable it.

Make sure OBS is closed, and you already have display capture on. Hope it helps! Reply if it won't work.

Natasha RUS

A lot of people are having these issues.
Do this:
1. In Cortana bar, search ''Device Manager''.
2. Click the ''Display Adapters'' arrow.
3. In your 2nd option, right-click it.
4. Disable it.

Make sure OBS is closed, and you already have display capture on. Hope it helps! Reply if it won't work.
I tried to turn off Intel UHD Graphics, but nothing changed.

FerretBomb

Here is the correct way to fix this. Do NOT disable your graphics adapter, that's like sawing off your foot because you stubbed your toe.

Make sure both OBS and the application to be captured are running on either the performance, or power-saving GPU.
Do be aware that SOME games (Destiny 2, CSGO, a few others) cannot be captured with Game Capture due to the developers not whitelisting the capture-hook in their anticheat. Some programs (like Discord) need to have hardware acceleration disabled to make them capturable.

Natasha RUS

Here is the correct way to fix this. Do NOT disable your graphics adapter, that's like sawing off your foot because you stubbed your toe.

Make sure both OBS and the application to be captured are running on either the performance, or power-saving GPU.
Do be aware that SOME games (Destiny 2, CSGO, a few others) cannot be captured with Game Capture due to the developers not whitelisting the capture-hook in their anticheat. Some programs (like Discord) need to have hardware acceleration disabled to make them capturable.
The OBS itself runs on an energy-saving processor, but a game from Microsoft Store cannot be run with an energy-saving processor.
Yandex Browser and games from the Microsoft store are not captured. Although before everything was normal.

yeehawnatalie

This method did not work for me. My game capture works fine, but it's the display and window capture that do not work. When I disabled NVIDIA GeForce GTX 160 with Max-Q Design, my display and window capture began working. Are there any consequences to disabling this feature? I've tried a ton of different methods and turning off the NVIDIA has been the only thing that has worked for me.

Man_Daddio

How do we put an app in performance mode? I don't think I ever had to worry about that. And what do you mean by power saving GPU? Can you please clarify and give instructions for Windows 10? Thanks.