Question / Help Bitrate goes to 0, square goes red, i get Disconnected from server, but internet works fine

supersaladin

Hey guys

I'm having some issues while i'm streaming on twitch with OBS. I stream everyday, and everyday i'm facing the same problem. I start streaming without any concern, but at a random time (probably due to some route issue), my bitrate goes to 0, OBS displays the message "Disconnected from server", then as I try to reconnect, i get the following warning:
"Could not access the specified channel or stream key. This could be because the key channel is invalid or because the server still thinks you're logged in."

There's no default behavior for this, it just happens randomly. Then i wait like, 20 seconds and I can start streaming again (but till that happens, half of my viewers are gone)

I have already streamed to YouTube in order to check if it's a connection issue, and I had no problems, could stream for 5 hours long without any dc's.

Here's a log of a bandwith test transmission I've made yesterday. It happened twice while I was testing, so I believe the problem could be identified via log.

This is making me and my viewers very sad. It happens a lot.

Any help is appreciated, thanks guys

Log link: https://obsproject.com/logs/aLfCcTTg6CfzT3o3

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
This sounds like a routing issue between your ISP and Twitch then if YouTube is working fine. Using restream or a VPN may work around it.

supersaladin

This sounds like a routing issue between your ISP and Twitch then if YouTube is working fine. Using restream or a VPN may work around it.
Thank you for the suggestions. Do you have some VPN service in mind? I dont know how Restream works, but does it work like a VPN? I'm sorry, I'm not familiarized with all these connections, routing, adressesses and network stuff

Is it possible for my ISP to fix this annoying issue? I have a feeling they'll just tell me it's Twitch's fault, since I can stream without any problems on YouTube.

Last edited: