Question / Help Bitrate drops to 0 then spikes to 11,000.

Frank Lepore

For the past month or so I've had moments during streams where my bitrate would drop to 0, essentially ending the stream (while I'm still able to play the game I'm streaming and browse the web), before the bitrate shoots up to something like 11 or 12k and stabilizes again. Sometimes these drop offs can last for several minutes, causing viewers to think the stream died (which it essentially has). At first I thought it was my ISP, but I'm not so sure.

If anyone has any insight into this kind of thing, I would love any help that you can provide! I've attached my most recent OBS log, where it happened at least two times.

Attachments

• 2019-04-11 17-57-22.txt
    32.3 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

Frank Lepore

Happened again, four times tonight. One time when it happened, the game I was playing also disconnected, leaving me to wonder if it IS internet connection related. Any insight into this would be seriously appreciated. Including the log from when it happened, I believe, four times.

Attachments

• 2019-04-15 17-25-45.txt
    42.2 KB · Views: 32

Filgaja

20:06:04.417: [rtmp stream: 'simple_stream'] Interface: Intel(R) I211 Gigabit Network Connection (ethernet, 1000 mbps)
20:06:29.104: RTMPSockBuf_Fill, remote host closed connection
20:06:29.104: Output 'simple_stream': Reconnecting in 10 seconds..

Yeah its seems you loosing connection.
Then it trys to reconnect.

Happened a few times to me, too.
You should ask your provider :)