Bible Plugin for OBS Studio

Bible Plugin for OBS Studio

Dacs6417

Good day. I have the coffee version and it works as expected but is it possible to create a theme that is in vertical half instead of lower third. Btw I'm not that familiar with css coding I only know basic editing. Thanks.

Good day. I have the coffee version and it works as expected but is it possible to create a theme that is in vertical half instead of lower third. Btw I'm not that familiar with css coding I only know basic editing. Thanks.
Hi!

For vertical themes, you can try using the Bookmark series of themes included in the Coffee Version. They were initially designed to be displayed vertically.

2022-06-20 Vertical Themes.png

Settings used
Theme: Bookmark (Blue)
Display height: Standard
Bible browser source dimensions: 600x1080 on a 1920x1080 canvas resolution

Putting the choice of theme aside for now, you may also want to change some of the settings as shown. Setting the Display height to Standard will cause the Bible to take up all available vertical space, so you will probably want to use that.

2022-06-20 Standard Display Height.png

You may also want to resize the Bible browser source to your liking, although the exact dimensions will depend on your OBS Studio configuration and preferences.

2022-06-20 Browser Source Width and Height.png

After changing the settings above, you can try applying some of the other themes that were originally designed for lower thirds. Some of them can adapt quite well to being vertical instead of horizontal.

If the above settings and existing themes don't fit your needs, you can, of course, try creating and editing custom themes. Unfortunately, creating/editing themes requires some intermediate to advanced CSS, which makes it difficult to tailor to one's specific needs (sorry!). If you are interested in designing your own themes, you could try following our Theming Guide on our website. While it goes over how to make a lower thirds theme, much of the guide can also be applied to vertical themes. You can check it out here:

https://bibleplugin.firstfruitsstudio.com/guides/theming/

I hope this helps! Thanks for your support!

Regards,
Jon from Firstfruits Studio
Primary (and only) Developer

Dacs6417

Thank you for the assistance. I tried your guide and got it already. This tutorial will be a good way to start my custom theme. Hopefully there will be themes intended for vertical orientation in future updates. Thanks.

thewhitezombie

First off, thanks for such an awesome plugin! I purchased the main plugin and two themes. I do have a question, is there any way to display a passage instead of just a single verse? Like Mark 1:1-5 in the browser source.

First off, thanks for such an awesome plugin! I purchased the main plugin and two themes. I do have a question, is there any way to display a passage instead of just a single verse? Like Mark 1:1-5 in the browser source.

Hi! First off, thanks so much for getting the plugin and theme packs! I really appreciate it.

Unfortunately, the Bible Plugin currently does not support displaying a whole passage at once. Right now only single verses at a time are supported.

Sorry! I do hope that you'll still find the plugin useful, though.

Thanks for the question.

Regards,

Dacs6417

Good day Jon. By using the local server method, is it possible to control the plugin remotely (browser with dock address) using android tablet on same network? Thanks.

Good day Jon. By using the local server method, is it possible to control the plugin remotely (browser with dock address) using android tablet on same network? Thanks.

Hi!

Unfortunately, that isn't possible yet. A remote feature is a good idea, though. A number of people have requested it, so it's something I'm also thinking of. If the feature is added, though, it will only work through the local server method, as you guessed. Still, this is a non-trivial work, so I can't say if I'll be able to add it anytime soon.

Anyway, thanks for your suggestion! I really appreciate feature requests like these; it gives me some great ideas on improvement and lets me know the features that others would find useful.

Regards,

FRC CHURCH

Hi! First off, thanks so much for getting the plugin and theme packs! I really appreciate it.

Unfortunately, the Bible Plugin currently does not support displaying a whole passage at once. Right now only single verses at a time are supported.

Sorry! I do hope that you'll still find the plugin useful, though.

Thanks for the question.

Regards,
good day
my name is ISRAEL
from Nigeria

your product has been a tremendous blessing to us.
but it seems your site is down or is from our side because its not coming up.

good day
my name is ISRAEL
from Nigeria

your product has been a tremendous blessing to us.
but it seems your site is down or is from our side because its not coming up.
Hi, Israel!

First off, thanks for the kind words! As for the website, I just checked it and it looks like everything is working. Perhaps it was a problem on your side? Alternatively, it could also be Cloudflare temporarily acting up again.

Anyway, I think everything should be working now so please let me know if you're still having problems accessing the website.

Thanks for your support!

Regards,

Dacs6417

@Firstfruits Studio
How about developing another plugin dedicated to sermon points and lyrics. Existing text and lyrics plugins is not as versatile as your Bible plugin. This will surely makes online Bible study streaming easier because there's no need for third party apps. Thanks.

@Firstfruits Studio
How about developing another plugin dedicated to sermon points and lyrics. Existing text and lyrics plugins is not as versatile as your Bible plugin. This will surely makes online Bible study streaming easier because there's no need for third party apps. Thanks.
Actually, this is something I am working on right now. ;)

I don't have anything to show just yet, but fingers crossed that everything will work out well!

~ Jon

Firstfruits Studio updated Bible Plugin for OBS Studio with a new update entry:

Upcoming Coffee Version Price Increase

Please note that the Coffee Edition of the Bible Plugin will increase in price from $7 to $11.99.

It is with a heavy heart that we do this. Unfortunately, soaring inflation and growing economic challenges mean that we can no longer remain at the same price. Furthermore, the Bible Plugin has seen rapid growth from a simple side project for my own needs to an essential software used by thousands of people and churches in more than 80 countries around the world. The price increase will help me...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Version 1.5.2 and Compatibility with OBS Studio v28

Hi, everyone!

This is a small update, the main highlight of which is vastly improved Bible reference searching in the plugin. We have completely overhauled the code here to use a combination of regular expressions, string comparisons, fuzzy searching, and more forgiving logic. Taking a standard English Bible as an example, you can now use search terms like the ones below, and the Bible plugin will now understand you! Special thanks to Johnny Lassiter for his helpful feedback...

Hi,

I would like to know if Telugu language translation is available in the coffee version?

Hi! Thanks for the question!

We do not have a Telugu Bible version by default. The Bible Plugin can import custom Bibles from OpenLP, though, so if you have a complete Telugu Bible inside OpenLP, the Bible Plugin can read and import it. Unfortunately, though, I have not found a complete Telugu Bible, even for OpenLP.

I hope this answers your question. Thanks for your interest in the Bible Plugin!

Regards,

Version 1.5.3 and Plugin Sneak Peek

Hi, everyone!

This is a small, mostly bugfix update, with one main feature: a Dock Font Scale option.

Dock Font Scale

View attachment 88471

The Dock Font Scale setting adjusts the size of the fonts on the dock. As the description states, this option is purely cosmetic and does not affect what is displayed on the browser.

This feature was added because we received word that the size of the fonts on the dock could be too small for some users to read...

ChurchOnSunday

I would love to help out in the development of the songs plugin. Please let me know if I can assist in any way. I am a long time developer (40 Years) and have been the AV guy for a number of churches over my 16 years of serving as a Christian. I love the ministry and would dearly love to participate in this project in the service of Christ.

I would love to help out in the development of the songs plugin. Please let me know if I can assist in any way. I am a long time developer (40 Years) and have been the AV guy for a number of churches over my 16 years of serving as a Christian. I love the ministry and would dearly love to participate in this project in the service of Christ.

Hi!

Thanks so much for the kind offer! However, being a solo developer hasn't been too bad so far, so I plan to just continue things as they are for now. I really do appreciate the offer, though! I'll remember to contact you if I need your help, maybe in testing the plugin when it's more complete.

Thanks again, and God bless!

~ Jon

byJOHNNY

Suggestions:
  1. The ability to view scripture as a tooltip hint before actually clicking on each scripture listed in the Scripture List. This would avoid clicking on scripture in a live session and ending up clicking back to choose the one actually desired.
  2. The ability to save and load scripture lists in the Scripture List interface if desired.