PastGenerations

Hi, I wanted to ask you what are the best possible settings for recording (only) gameplays with my specs

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X
GPU: AMD RX 580 8GB
RAM: 16GB

I have some bitrate problem when I record, for example, Dark Souls III, some areas, expecially the first, with foliage and fog destroys the "pixels" (or bitrate) in the video.

I tried to use as codec the AMD HW H.265 with CQP at 12, too big, then 18, good but I don't know, in some parts is a little bit laggy.

I also tried to use CBR at 30.000 Kbps but the bitrate problem persist.

I record in 1080p at 60fps.

sandrix

I understand, but if you are recording a video on youtube, then you should use a resolution higher than 1920x1080, otherwise it will look bad after youtube renders it. Specify it in the OBS output resolution.

PastGenerations

I understand, but if you are recording a video on youtube, then you should use a resolution higher than 1920x1080, otherwise it will look bad after youtube renders it. Specify it in the OBS output resolution.
Ok, thank you very much!
Oh, another thing, I use Vegas Pro 18 for editing, I render with this settings (in the image), are they okay?

Attachments

• immagine_2023-01-03_085242671.png
    immagine_2023-01-03_085242671.png
    62.7 KB · Views: 298

sandrix

Not really. If possible, then specify a resolution higher than Full HD, as I said earlier. Use an integer fps value, 60. It's better to use software encode mode (x264) to get higher quality, it will take more time.

sandrix

Hi, pretty new here, sorry. I want to buy this laptop for recording gameplay and streaming. Is it fast enough? Not sure where to find the right forum, so sorry for that, maybe somebody can help me.

Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 ProX 14ARH7 (82TL004SMH)

You need to select something on graphics cards from GTX 1650 Super, 1660, 1660 Super, 1660 Ti. When it comes to 1650, you need V 2.0, on a TU 116 or 106 chip. Turing's more modern NVENC encoder is installed on these chips.

Don't even consider Radeon, they are very bad when it comes to video encoding.

As for the laptop you listed, the spec sheet says it has an RTX 3050. Yes, that's fine. Just focus on the performance you will get in games.

Last edited:

PastGenerations

x264, CRF 18, medium preset, 2048x1152 resolution, 60 fps
Hi, hope I don't bother you!
I recently started recording some heavier games and the CPU temperature reaches very high levels, we're talking about 90°. Online I saw that the Ryzen 7 5800x tends to heat up a lot due to the way it was made. The problem is that when I record these games, with the settings you recommended, I again have bitrate problems and the games tend to stutter a bit. I don't know if the problem is the temperature or the threads required. What other settings could I use?

sandrix

These settings will reduce CPU load (x264):
ref=2 no-mixed-refs=0 trellis=1 bframes=0 rc_lookahead=30 scenecut=20 aq-strength=1.5 weightp=2

These settings use the AMD hardware encoder:
AMD HW H.265/HEVC
Bitrate Control: QVBR
Bitrate: >20
Keyframe interval: 2 s
Preset: Quality
Profile: high
AMF/Options: MinQP=0 MaxQP=25